My screen is shattered and I was wondering how I could recover the hidden pictures that have been saved to my blackberry folder (not media card) via my computer by connecting the USB cable. I know how to unhide files through Windows but my blackberry folder will not appear. Only my media card folder will appear. The only way I can bring up my blackberry folder is through desktop manager, but I cannot find anything in there about unhiding files. Someone please help me!
    03-26-11 04:19 PM
    Back up your bb and you'll beable to put em on another device. What bb do you have?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-11 09:56 PM
    I hope you get this resolved. I cannot stress enough to put all media on a media card, specifically for instances like this. If the picture is important enough to save, put it on a media card.
    03-26-11 10:11 PM
    Well I sorta agree with you. I say back it up to some sorta of media. Be it hdd, flash or dvd/bluray. Sd card can a do go south with out warning.

03-26-11 11:20 PM
    13echo4 is correct, but at least if you have it on a media card, you stand a chance. If the media is on the phone, and the phone gets fried, you are done.
    03-27-11 03:19 PM
    I have a Tour. I have performed the backup but now my computer will not open the backup file bc it is an IPD file. Never had so much trouble out of something so simple in my life!
    03-27-11 07:27 PM
    Load the ipd file onto your new BB. If you didn't get one, you will need Amber BlackBerry Converter.

abc-amber-blackberry-converter.en.softonic.com/
    03-27-11 08:18 PM
    You are geniuses. This was very helpful. I can view them now but the only problem is that I cannot save them to my computer unless I purchase the full version of the program. Oh well I guess. It was worth a shot.
    03-27-11 11:24 PM
    ... the only problem is that I cannot save them to my computer unless I purchase the full version of the program.
    Do you mean with mass storage mode or with DM? Can you copy them to the MicroSD card, or to another MicroSD card? Can you now use Desktop Manager to copy or move them?

03-28-11 10:58 AM
    You are geniuses. This was very helpful. I can view them now but the only problem is that I cannot save them to my computer unless I purchase the full version of the program. Oh well I guess. It was worth a shot.
    How important are those pics to you? If they are "Must Have", buy the program and problem solved. If not, then you lost nothing.
    03-28-11 11:13 AM
    Tonis they were saved to my DM but hidden so it will not show them in desktop manager. I tried everything to find and unhide option in there but there is not one, or else I would transfer them to my card. And I wouldn't call them important enough to purchase the program. Thanks for everything guys.
    03-29-11 11:41 AM
    If you are getting a new BB, then problem solved just restore them after it arrives.
    03-29-11 02:22 PM
    Tonis they were saved to my DM but hidden so it will not show them in desktop manager. I tried everything to find and unhide option in there but there is not one, or else I would transfer them to my card. And I wouldn't call them important enough to purchase the program. Thanks for everything guys.
    Dakota this sounds simple to me but it might not actually be. Without being there and having hands on I might not really understand what your going thru. This being said, why don't you send everything to a sd card and let the new blackberry unhide it for you? Sounds like to me if you can see the files then they are in the folder. The goal isn't to see them with dm is it? I am toying with the idea that you don't have another blackberry. If this the case please let us know all the hardware you have so we can find a way thru this.
    I'm saying this cause I tried to recreate the problem and I can't. If I hide the file on my blackberry I can see them in winows explorer by usb. Are you sure you have see hiden folders selected in windows explorer? Try pointing ie or firefox to tje folder on the blackberry and see if you can see em that way.

03-29-11 02:51 PM
    There are other ipd converters available. Just do a google search for a free one.

03-29-11 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD