can i record phone calls on my pearl? if so how?
    08-31-09 08:01 PM
    No, at least, not with our BlackBerry.
    08-31-09 08:08 PM
    I do not think its possibl
    08-31-09 09:41 PM
    I suggest anyone wanting to use this service check their state and local laws first. Many states have very specific requirements for legally recording phone calls.
    Very true! Recording a phone call without the consent of all parties _can_ be illegal - it depends on the state. In most US states, only one party needs to know about the recording, but about a dozen or so require all parties to give consent.

The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press maintains a good state-by-state guide on the laws. Just Google for "Can we Tape?" and you'll find it.
    08-31-09 10:39 PM
    It IS possible buy HIGHLEY illegal if the other party doesn't know they are being recorded~

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 11:09 PM
    I suggest anyone wanting to use this service check their state and local laws first. Many states have very specific requirements for legally recording phone calls.
    State Laws (Table)

State Laws (Table)

While the U.S. federal law only requires one-party consent, many states have accepted different laws. In some states all parties must give their consent or at least be notified that the call is about to be recorded (with necessary opt-out option: if you don�t like them to record the call, you can ask them to stop recording). There also was a case law decision from many years ago (the 1950's) that went to the Supreme Court and affirmed that the federal law does not supersede state authority/statutes unless the call or the tap crosses state lines � that is why each state went ahead and established their own guideline/statute.
    States Requiring One Party Notification
    Alabama
    Alaska
    Arizona
    Arkansas
    Colorado
    District Of Columbia
    Georgia
    Hawaii
    Idaho
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Kentucky Louisiana
    Maine
    Minnesota
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Jersey
    New Mexico
    New York
    North Carolina
    North Dakota
    Oklahoma Oregon
    Ohio
    Rhode Island
    South Carolina
    South Dakota
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah
    Vermont
    Virginia
    West Virginia
    Wisconsin
    Wyoming

States Requiring Two Party Notification
    California
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    Florida Massachusetts
    Maryland
    Michigan
    Montana New Hampshire
    Pennsylvania
    Washington
    09-01-09 12:26 AM
    try spoof app
    09-01-09 12:35 AM
    My old Samsung Sch-8500 (around 2000-2001) had a button right on the side to record the current phone call (when not on a call it was the voice memo button), it was very handy if someone was giving you an address or phone number and this was when text messaging wasn't very popular. I always wondered why none of my subsequent phones had this feature maybe because of these laws.
    09-01-09 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD