I was so excited to purchase a Jawbone 2 yesterday, thinking it would be the best for hands free conversations. I made several calls on it yesterday and was told the sound quality was terrible, sounded like I was underwater and echoed. For the price of this BT I can not justify keeping it, can someone please recommend a good BT device. I will only be using it for work commute and want it to have good sound quality. I keep looking online but thought someone could recommend a sound device Thanks.
    08-15-08 09:21 AM
    tleray,
    You're on the right track with seeking an acceptable balance between $/performance. If you're unhappy with the jawbone, what is it you're looking for in your bt device?

Example, out of all of the ones I've tried, I'm most happy with my Motorola H700. I like the folding mic (knowing the call is ended & preventing the bt from turning on inside my pocket. I also like fact that there is nothing being inserted in my ear. Call quality is good/acceptable as you won't find a "perfect" bt.

That said, there are many who swear by Plantronics.

It basically depends on your priorities/requirements.
    Last edited by 2020; 08-18-09 at 05:32 PM.
    08-15-08 09:41 AM
    All I really want is for the receiving party to hear me clearly without me sounding like I'm in a tunnel or underwater. I have been looking on this forum and some recommend the BlueAnt Z9i Bluetooth Headset. I am happy that most stores allow returns so I can try them out. I won't be using it other than the 45 min drive to and from work, in which I talk to my family. I just want a good sounding device. Also the jawbone is difficult to activate the call and end the call, there are not real buttons, they are hidden so you just hit whatever until you get it.
    08-15-08 09:56 AM
    I have the original Jawbone and it works great. One thing you have to be aware of with either Jawbone is that it MUST rest firmly against your cheek. That little nib picks up vibrations when you speak and uses that as part of the noise cancelling.

If you don't wear it correctly, you will have the problems you describe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 10:46 AM
    Pawpaw is exactly right. I have a Jawbone 2. If the nib is in good contact with my cheek, it is the best-sounding BT earpiece I've tried. If the nib does NOT make contact, it is the worst.

The biggest problem with both Jawbones is the fit - they don't fit everyone, and they can be very difficult to fit. Even when the Jawbone is fitted properly, I don't find it comfortable for extended wear.

Compared to my Plantronics 510, the Plantronics sound is good, not great. But it is very comfortable, easy to fit, and the battery lasts longer than any BT I've tried.
    I've heard food things about the Blueant, but I haven't tried one.
    08-15-08 11:03 AM
    I ended up purchasing the Blueant z9i and so far so good. My husband and I tested it all day yesterday and the sound quality is great! I guess the jawbone 2 just didn't fit very well, so it wasn't the one for me. I did purchase the jabre soft ear gels and will use that with the Blueant. Thanks for all the help!
    08-16-08 09:10 AM
    Great thread! I think I'll go for the new Jawbone and make sure I wear it correctly. Only one way to really find out what works.

We shall see!
    09-05-08 12:11 AM
    I have the Motorola HT820 (stereo) and H500 BT headsets and I'm happy with both. Both of them are over a year old and they still hold a good charge for a decent period of time.
    09-05-08 11:59 AM
    My original Jawbone is over a year old and it still holds a charge well, but the others are correct, if it's not against the cheek just right it is AWFUL!!! I would like to try the Blueant when this one dies.
    09-05-08 12:08 PM
    I have an H700 and an H710. The quality is good with both but the charger connector on the H700 is identical to the BB so I prefer the H700 for that reason. It is also pretty inexpensive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD