BB Curve 8330
    Metro PCS

I've had a BB Curve 8330 for about 60 days now. There are three running issues that I'm having. I've searched these forums for hours, trying to find solutions... no luck. I also don't understand big technical talk. Interfaces? No clue what they are. Don't even know if I need em. I'm an 18 year old with a new BB. Please help me!

Issue #1: MMS Pictures

I've read multiple threads about MMS problems... And I've seen no solutions! My problem: I recieve MMS messages fine, but after I open them, the picture does not show. It's a blank white screen. I have sent myself MMS picture messages fine... And other people recieve my messages fine as well. I just cannot seem to see other's pictures! I have checked all my MMS settings, and all seems to be fine. My settings are as follows...

Multimedia Reception: Always
    Automatic Retrieval: Always

Notifications:
    [unchecked] Allow Delievery Confirmation
    [unchecked] Allow Read Confirmation
    [unchecked] Confirm Delievery
    [unchecked] Confirm Read

Message Filtering:
    [unchecked] Reject Anonymous Messages
    [checked] Reject Advertisements

Is there anything wrong with my settings that would make it so I can't see the pictures? I used to be able to see pictures in MMS messages, but just one day, I no longer could.

Issue #2 & #3 Bluetooth File Transfer & Bluetooth Browsing

Alright, I recently discovered how to transfer files from my MacBook to my BB. Got that figured out. No porblem. My computer and BB are paired... But the question is, how do I transfer files from my BB to my MacBook? I understand that if I want to transfer a picture, say, I go to the picture, and hit the menue key, then click Send Using Bluetooth. Now, when I do this, a box pops up with "Select a device" and my MacBook is there. I click it, and it says "searching". Then it says "Failed To Find Service". What's wrong? Both my BB and MacBook are Discoverable. And on both of them, the bluetooth is turned on. However, in my Bluetooth settings, it doesn't say the two are connected. It just says they are paired. How do I connect them?

Now, for browsing. I click "Browse Device" in my MacBook bluetooth menu. It shows my BB as a device. I click Browse. Then it says "This device does not have the necessary services."

I don't know what to do. Someone please help!
    06-26-09 12:41 AM
    1. I believe that this is a MetroPCS specific issue. I seem to recall others indicating that there was a problem with MMS on MetroPCS.

2. You need to call MetroPCS is see if they support OBEX (Object Exchange) via Bluetooth on the 8330. Many carriers block it.

It would probably easier to just email the pictures to the computer. Or connect the device to the computer with the USB cable and transfer them in Mass Storage Mode.
    06-26-09 05:32 AM
    The bluetooth browsing does not work between my mac and my BB Pearl either. It could be the BB model does not support it. I am only able to set my BB to discoverable and send one file at a time to it from my mac.

I have not tried it the other way around.
    06-26-09 10:58 AM
    My understanding from AT&T is that MMS messages use the same transport as does data on a BlackBerry: your BIS or BES plan. Thus, if you don't have a BIS or BES plan, MMS won't work.

I could be wrong, but I don't think MetroPCS offers BIS or BES, do they?

If they don't, and the information AT&T gave me is correct, you're probably SOL.
    06-26-09 11:47 AM
    I've been having the same problem with mms.....sometimes it workd....sometimes it doesn't.....I've tried pulling the battery....resets and all.....no luck.....I have read on other forums that it is possibley a metro pcs issue that they are trying to resolve....
    06-27-09 12:00 AM
    My understanding from AT&T is that MMS messages use the same transport as does data on a BlackBerry: your BIS or BES plan. Thus, if you don't have a BIS or BES plan, MMS won't work.

I could be wrong, but I don't think MetroPCS offers BIS or BES, do they?

If they don't, and the information AT&T gave me is correct, you're probably SOL.
    BIS? BES? What is the meaning of this?! I'm so confused. All I know is that one day I COULD see the pictures... and the next I couldn't. In Metro, I have the 50 dollar plan... OMG, I'm so confused.
    06-27-09 05:34 AM
    2. You need to call MetroPCS is see if they support OBEX (Object Exchange) via Bluetooth on the 8330. Many carriers block it.

OBEX? What is that exactly... I get that it stands for Object Exchange... but what in the hoot is that??
    06-27-09 05:35 AM
    It's a protocol that allows the transfer of binary objects (ie files) between devices. Some carriers block OBEX over Bluetooth.
    06-27-09 06:43 AM
    I recieve MMS messages fine, but after I open them, the picture does not show. It's a blank white screen. I have sent myself MMS picture messages fine... And other people recieve my messages fine as well. I just cannot seem to see other's pictures! I have checked all my MMS settings, and all seems to be fine.
    07-03-09 01:26 PM
    BIS? BES? What is the meaning of this?! I'm so confused.
    BIS = BlackBerry Internet Service
    BES = BlackBerry Enterprise Service

These are the data plans configured through your carrier upon which your BlackBerry transfers data (meaning everything except voice and text messages.)

I would call MetroPCS and ask them if they offer BIS or BES plans. If they do, find out if there is one on your line. If not, you'll probably need to add a BIS plan at least.
    07-03-09 02:18 PM
    I recieve MMS messages fine, but after I open them, the picture does not show. It's a blank white screen. I have sent myself MMS picture messages fine... And other people recieve my messages fine as well. I just cannot seem to see other's pictures! I have checked all my MMS settings, and all seems to be fine.

Yes... This is what I orginally posted.
    07-03-09 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD