Who's your carrier? I saw that some folks in Canada experienced the outage today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm with bell and you can see all day I was posting on the site from wap and I was bbming even my gf brother who is with Telus didn't have problems

09-22-09 11:42 PM
    I'm with bell and you can see all day I was posting on the site from wap and I was bbming even my gf brother who is with Telus didn't have problems

I had no issues with WAP or BBM. It was only the emails that were not working.

09-22-09 11:45 PM
    we pay enuf for these devices.
    we need the services.
    they need to tell us when these are coming up and why.
    we deserve that much.
    we keep RIM in business.. don't we??
    Easy Buddy, Easy....

These things happen, cut them some slack. Also, people are giving them heat about being unreliable, well how much has their business grown. They try and do invisible upg's prob, but sometimes the end user see's the visual effects, maybe not planned but they do. I work in IT Management, and this is what I deal with everyday.
    09-22-09 11:47 PM

I'm in the States and never had troubles.
    I had no issues with WAP or BBM. It was only the emails that were not working.

O there's were coming back fine I thought it was with that cause I didn't have problem with emails got about 20ish today on time just goes to show ya lol

I sincerely doubt this was an upgrade. They announce those ahead of time and schedule them for non-peak periods. Not sure what the cause of the outage was, and I'm not confident we'll get a full explanation. I understand they want business users on BES instead of BIS, but some small businesses just can't justify that. I'm personally weighing my non-BB options at the moment. Seems like this system has too many parts. BIS is just another piece of the puzzle that can break. *shrugs*

What other options are you looking at?
    09-22-09 11:48 PM
    And some of you question why WIFI is needed. Just for this purpose. BIS may be down, but through wifi, I still get my push and browse the interwebs.

09-22-09 11:51 PM
    And some of you question why WIFI is needed. Just for this purpose. BIS may be down, but through wifi, I still get my push and browse the interwebs.

Im confused .. Please Clear This Up...

Your carrier provides an internet connection, well it may not be the fastest depending on your area it is a connection at that.

With that being said....

I could see how WIFI would be useful when your carrier loses their data connection, but we are talking about the BIS being down, which means that even if you were browsing via WIFI, when your berry tried to access the BIS it would not connect because it is down, and you would not receive push, someone please correct me if I am wrong.
    09-22-09 11:54 PM
    Im confused .. Please Clear This Up...

Your carrier provides an internet connection, well it may not be the fastest depending on your area it is a connection at that.

With that being said....

I could see how WIFI would be useful when your carrier loses their data connection, but we are talking about the BIS being down, which means that even if you were browsing via WIFI, when your berry tried to access the BIS it would not connect because it is down, and you would not receive push, someone please correct me if I am wrong.

It does work trough wifi, not sure if it's only UMA capable phones but I can confirm that at the last outage that lasted a full working day here as soon as I would get to a wifi spot the emails would come trough and also the BBM would start working as well. That's what baffled me as well. Is it really rim or is it the carriers?

09-23-09 12:33 AM
    They are performing upgrades in trying to prepare the BIS and BES side of things for the release of the OS 5.0 later this year.
    09-23-09 12:37 AM
    It does work trough wifi, not sure if it's only UMA capable phones but I can confirm that at the last outage that lasted a full working day here as soon as I would get to a wifi spot the emails would come trough and also the BBM would start working as well. That's what baffled me as well. Is it really rim or is it the carriers?

I would say its not the carriers. I was at work today when the outage happened and I have two Colleagues, one has T-Mobile, Other has ATT and we all stopped getting personal email and sending it. Our workhorse (Company) berrys kept working great, which I assume is because of the BES. I'm not sure, if anyone could give us a def. answer I am very interested to see what the deal is.
    09-23-09 12:39 AM
    That's the thing, I am on Orange UK and as soon as I was getting to a wifi spot I could communicate trough bbm to a client that is on O2 UK. He had no problems at all. I do wish they would come out with an explanation and stop all this speculating.

09-23-09 12:46 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD