What is it with the media?the most recent news is reporting that Canadians are buying androids,and Iphones over bb.What does everyone think about this info? I for one will allways own a blackberry,I'm seriously looking forward to the BB10
    04-20-12 04:52 PM
    RIM doesn't spend money on marketing so this is what you get from media. They don't give away good press.I myself couldn't wait for BB10 so I just bought a new 9860. Playbook, 9800, and 9860. Gotta love it.
    04-20-12 05:01 PM
    its true they all buying androids and iphones. i have seen a significant drop of users within 8 months. its true

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    04-20-12 06:48 PM
    more than half the people i know use blackberries.. then its iphone and a distant 3rd is android.
    04-20-12 07:35 PM
    Where do you live? The North West Territories? LOL

Here in Toronto however...everybody I know bought an Android or an iPhone, no one walks around carrying blackberries, unless they have some kind of business and for a good reason.
    No one beats blackberry in the enterprise yet.
    Last edited by Shlooky; 04-20-12 at 10:12 PM.
    04-20-12 10:08 PM
    And I saw many friends I know come back to BB once the new Bold 9900/9930 come out and get a PlayBook.
    04-20-12 10:21 PM
    Android is nothing, I had one from a friend and I'm very glad with my bb.
    What a grab that android, child toy.
    Bb is more stable more better more everything.
    Wait and see when they bring us the new bb 10 how they spend money to promote it.
    Silence before the big storm.

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 04-20-12 at 10:36 PM.
    04-20-12 10:32 PM
    Wait and see when they bring us the new bb 10 how they spend money to promote it.

Enjoy DelftEo
    So that's a fact?
    04-20-12 11:05 PM

Enjoy DelftEo
    Agreed!!!

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" - Mark Twain.
    04-21-12 12:10 AM
    I like to say something....at the Apple store at Fairview Mall in Toronto, The memorial for Steve Jobs (RIP), in the front window of the store. To my surprise, everyone was taking pictures with a Blackberry..and thats the truth! What does that say?
    04-22-12 07:30 PM
    Where do you live? The North West Territories? LOL

Here in Toronto however...everybody I know bought an Android or an iPhone, no one walks around carrying blackberries, unless they have some kind of business and for a good reason.
    No one beats blackberry in the enterprise yet.
    I just came back from a 4 day trip to Toronto. Went out to some bars and clubs and saw mostly bold 9900s and iphones in people's hands. I was pleasantly surprised.
    04-22-12 07:43 PM
    I like to say something....at the Apple store at Fairview Mall in Toronto, The memorial for Steve Jobs (RIP), in the front window of the store. To my surprise, everyone was taking pictures with a Blackberry..and thats the truth! What does that say?
    Uh "IN YOUR FACE STEVE"
    04-22-12 11:03 PM

Enjoy DelftEo
    I don't know what version of Android you used, but they are growing up, fast. I'm using BlackBerry and Android, I love my BBs, but Android isn't just a toy anymore. Once upon a time, the toy reference may have stood, but I'll shoot fellow CrackBerrys the truth, they aren't just for children, and under-responding to the competition is why RIM is treading water.

Telling the sharks they aren't really in the water with you is just a form of denial. And as long as the folks up north leave the customers waiting, the more of their customers they lose to the sharks. The bad news will continue until there is a reason for them not to.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 04-22-12 at 11:34 PM.
    Blacklatino and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-22-12 11:30 PM
    It just shows that people are starting to release that they get more bang for heir buck on other platforms. It may not be true for some people, but for most it is as they are voting with their wallet. I hate to admit it and I'm sure others do too, but my bbm list has lost literally almost every person I personally knew. Of the 21 contacts on my list, I personally know 2 of them because everyone keeps switching.

I am very much looking forward to BB10 as well but people need to understand that a new platform doesn't mean people will come back. Once people are invested in a platform, it takes a whole lot of convincing to make them leave that "comfort zone"
    04-23-12 01:30 AM
    @Shlooky
    I use a blackberry, I have a playbook, just can't beat bridge, which leaves me to have no use to buy a 3G tablet, as the bridge covers it.

I see plenty of mixed smartphone users in toronto during my bicycle commutes, allot of blackberries too.
    04-23-12 03:25 AM
    Like it or not as RIM prepares BB10 in hopes of steering BlackBerries back to the top( one day) of the smartphone market, the competition is moving forward and selling to fill the void. I want the competition to continue so that it serves as a reminder for RIM(and anyone else) to not take anything for granted and stay competitve. BergerKings post said it best.
    04-23-12 05:07 AM
    that some people will take pictures of just about anything...
    04-23-12 05:11 AM
    Blackberry will make it or break it with the BB10... what's even more important is it BETTER be released before the iphone 5. the iphone 5 is said to be released some time in october.

I love my blackberry, and i always debate others how much better they are. i've actually convinced a couple friends to go back to BB.
    04-23-12 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD