I have a Q10 which obviously is a BB10 phone. This isn't a major complaint just a minor thing I'm noticing. My fiance has a an android phone. The other day she was texting me back on the emojis she wasn't receiving. So I decided to send her half of the emoji/smiley icons from the texting section to see what she can see. She was only able to get maybe 5 or 6 out of the 22 that I sent to her. I don't know it's weird. Cause when she sends me some emojis I get stuff that I never seen exist.

Is their a special emoji app for BB10 where I can send all the iphone and android emojis that people get on their platform?
    05-30-16 01:03 PM
    The BB10 phones can't read or use all the emojis that the other platforms can. Look in the BBW store and see if there is an app that allows you to choose extra emojis. But no, you can't add anything else to your texting app. You would have to choose the emoji outside the message and copy and paste into the message....at least that's how it was last August when i left BB.
    05-31-16 05:43 AM
    What sucks is when you get emojis you can't read as they appear as gibberish. Happens quite a bit.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 08:09 AM
    The BB10 phones can't read or use all the emojis that the other platforms can. Look in the BBW store and see if there is an app that allows you to choose extra emojis. But no, you can't add anything else to your texting app. You would have to choose the emoji outside the message and copy and paste into the message....at least that's how it was last August when i left BB.
    Ok cause their is a option in the text message settings section where you can enable the modern characters and such. I will try to look in BBW thanks!
    05-31-16 05:39 PM
    Here is what I'm doing.

Go in setting / language and input / prediction and correction / word substitution

Then you can copy emoji from your wife and Enter them in word substitution.

You can also download from BlackBerry World emoji pack and use them in the word substitution.

In my keyboard, every letter is an emoji... example below

It's really fast 😄😄😄
    😂😂😂 😬😬😬 😤😤😤 😡😡😡 😇😇😇 😴😴😴 😌😌😌 🙏🙏🙏 😜😜😜 💜💞💕💖💗💓💋💞💖💕💜💗💓💋💞💖💕💋 😍😍😍 😘😘😘 💕💕💕 💋💋💋 👏👏👏 👍👍👍 👅👅👅 🍍🍍🍍 🎉🎊🎉🎊 🐷🐷🐷 🐰🐰🐰 🐔🐣🐔🐣 🐎🐎🐎 💦💦💦 10 seconds to do this and Android and iPhone can see all my emoji

Receiving Iphone and Android emoji's but can't return them.-img_20160531_190637.png
    Receiving Iphone and Android emoji's but can't return them.-img_20160531_191438.png

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 06:17 PM
    The SMS app in Work Wide has an emoji picker built in so no need to flip between an emoji app and text messages... http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59945209

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 06:33 PM
    Unfortunately, workwide on Q10 OP will be hard to manage...

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 08:02 PM
    Both Apple and Google paid to license a huge bunch of emojis for iOS and Android respectively - and, yes, they have to be licensed from their creators, which were neither Apple nor Google - so that they could make them "standard" and interoperate between the two platforms. BB could do the same, but it would be relatively expensive for BB - with BB's revenues so much lower - and I'm sure Chen and the Board feel like they could spend their money better elsewhere.
    05-31-16 08:15 PM
    Unfortunately, workwide on Q10 OP will be hard to manage...

Posted via CB10
    Could use SMS in full screen mode on Work Wide and it would be nearly the same as the native SMS app/hub

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 07:55 AM