My friend recently ordered some new phones from Alltel. When the phones arived, a Blackberry 8320 from T-Mobile was in the box of phones (in it's original box and everything). My friend then called Alltel and told them about it, but they said they did not show the phone as being shipped (they were even a bit rude about the whole thing).

My question is should I tell him to keep the phone and get it unlock through gsmphonesource.com or will this phone be useless?
    Last edited by zee921; 05-12-08 at 12:21 PM.
    05-12-08 12:12 PM
    well, if alltell wants to be rude about it and says the phone didnt even show up as being shipped, i say unlock it and use it if you can. your friend obviously tried to clear the matter up and alltell wasnt responsive, so thats theyre loss! besides, im sure they wont go bankrupt due to the loss of one little blackberry.
    05-12-08 12:37 PM
    That is strange that Alltel would ship a phone from
    T-Mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-08 09:20 PM
    well, if alltell wants to be rude about it and says the phone didnt even show up as being shipped, i say unlock it and use it if you can. your friend obviously tried to clear the matter up and alltell wasnt responsive, so thats theyre loss! besides, im sure they wont go bankrupt due to the loss of one little blackberry.
    I agree. As long as you tried to do the right thing by bringing it to their attention. If they don't want it back there is no reason to "waste" a good Berry by not using it!
    05-12-08 09:28 PM
    I am all for doing the right thing, he tried to get to the bottom of it and return it. Weird circumstance, go get it unlocked and enjoy it or sell it since it won't work on alltel (they are CDMA right?).

05-12-08 10:32 PM
    Well, while federal law about getting unsolicited stuff says it is now his, something is very fishy about this, and I'd actually contact law enforcement about it. If you start using the phone, and it turns out it is stolen then you will end up having to prove how you got it, and this is a tale that no one will believe unless you report it now, and it is on a police report. =)

Patrick
    05-12-08 10:42 PM
    Well if you decide to sell it pm me. I might be interested
    05-12-08 10:47 PM
    I say use it.
    05-12-08 10:50 PM
    After working in Customer Service and not saying that this is the case, but did it really come in the mail or you trying to find out if it could be flagged?

Because if it is stolen and reported, enjoy voice only.
    05-12-08 11:05 PM
    It really did come in the mail. It was in a T-Mobile box packed in a box with the two other Alltell phones that were ordered. Anyway, he got it unlocked and it is working fine. He documented his conversations with Alltell and kept all the packaging just in case any questions arise.
    05-13-08 08:39 AM
    Shouldn't of even bothered calling them in the first place

Unlock it and sell it on ebay

05-13-08 09:15 AM
    Shouldn't of even bothered calling them in the first place

Unlock it and sell it on ebay

Hey man ever here of Karma, at least he tried and now he doesn't have to look over his shoulder for the CPD "Crackberry Police Department"
    05-13-08 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD