Before, my Z10 used to reboot at least thrice in one day. It would even reboot in the middle of an email I'm composing sometimes.

Here's what I've done before the rebooting stopped. Hope this could help you guys out as well.

First of all, my Z10 had these two apps I installed but then deleted. Those two apps were 9gag reader and BlackBerry quiz. I deleted them but still they appeared in BlackBerry world. Whenever I'd try to delete them, the screen would just load then stop. It stayed like that for sometime.

Back then, my z10 would reboot twice a day. I decided to do a device reload via BlackBerry Link. I made a backup of everything and everything went smoothly after that. After the reload, the two undeleteable apps were still there. But the hell I cared. It was on my mind to just wait for an OS update to fix it. Then it started to get weird. There was a "Pictures" folder on my photos that I wasn't able to open nor delete. whenever I'd try to delete it, the phone just froze then would reboot. So if came to a point wherein the phone got bricked. I wasn't able to create a backup and all I had was a phone that would not load up.

so I saw a work around here in CB about reloading without the use of BlackBerry Link. I followed the instructions, removed the SD card and let it reload. A clean slate. No apps, no media, no nothing. A brand new z10, sort of.

For two days it has not rebooted once. The last reboot recorded by the settings app was two days ago. I haven't brought back the sd card inside my phone yet to see if it was the culprit.

For two days I'm reboot free! I'll monitor my phone for the coming days and update you guys.

Posted via my sexy Z10.
    bb624 likes this.
    04-15-13 06:10 AM
    You guys with the constant rebooting.. check to see that your battery and back door are snug and closed properly. I had this problem on my 9900 when I first got it and inserted the sd card. You should hear multiple clicks when the back is closing.

Posted via CB10
    SirSti23 likes this.
    04-15-13 06:30 AM
    You guys with the constant rebooting.. check to see that your battery and back door are snug and closed properly. I had this problem on my 9900 when I first got it and inserted the sd card. You should hear multiple clicks when the back is closing.

Posted via CB10
    Nope. Not it.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-15-13 06:36 AM
    i was having the reboot issue too. wiped and reloaded yesterday, and so far so good. Still havent put my SD card back in. I didnt have the reboots until i put it in a few days after i got the Z10
    04-15-13 08:08 AM
    OP, I'd copy everything off that SD card, wipe it clean, and then format it fresh in the phone. BB10 uses a different folder structure than earlier BBOS; there could be something on the card driving BB10 nuts.
    04-15-13 08:08 AM
    I thought they changed everything about the z10 from legacy Berrys. Still amazes me that rebooting it still a problem. I mean really. My playbook has never once rebooted on me in 3 years...

Sent using Tapatalk
    Suhailone likes this.
    04-15-13 08:19 AM
    OP, I'd copy everything off that SD card, wipe it clean, and then format it fresh in the phone. BB10 uses a different folder structure than earlier BBOS; there could be something on the card driving BB10 nuts.
    Replaced mine with a new class 10 Scandisk and formatted it. Still rebooted. Worth a shot though.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-15-13 08:34 AM
    CrackBerry Kevin speaking out. And Blaize.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...69/index3.html

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 08:58 AM
    Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:54 AM
    I hate to say it, but I think all the rebooting originated from the source. Probably system diagnostics on the devices by Blackberry, the carriers, or both.
    People that gets the reboot multiple times a day probably have devices that was not able to complete the diagnostics, or was not able to transmit the data back.
    04-15-13 10:02 AM
    I hate to say it, but I think all the rebooting originated from the source. Probably system diagnostics on the devices by Blackberry, the carriers, or both.
    People that gets the reboot multiple times a day probably have devices that was not able to complete the diagnostics, or was not able to transmit the data back.
    But why would it be so heavily biased to the US carriers? There are some here from other countries who have been experiencing reboots, but the majority seem to be from the US.

Just for the record I have diagnostics turned on on my phone, did that when I set it up on Feb 13, and have never had a reboot that I didn't intentionally initialize.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 12:20 PM
    But why would it be so heavily biased to the US carriers? There are some here from other countries who have been experiencing reboots, but the majority seem to be from the US.

Just for the record I have diagnostics turned on on my phone, did that when I set it up on Feb 13, and have never had a reboot that I didn't intentionally initialize.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it is the certain US carrier that is doing the aggressive data collecting that is causing the problems. Z10 on different carriers seem to have different frequencies of reboots. Just a speculation on my part.
    04-15-13 01:25 PM
    Maybe it is the certain US carrier that is doing the aggressive data collecting that is causing the problems. Z10 on different carriers seem to have different frequencies of reboots. Just a speculation on my part.
    The z10 uses regular data like every other media phone now with the bypassing of the noc. If that were the case every phone on their network would reboot...

Sent from my game boy color
    04-15-13 10:26 PM
    The z10 uses regular data like every other media phone now with the bypassing of the noc. If that were the case every phone on their network would reboot...

What's a media phone?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 02:47 AM
    What's a media phone?

Posted via CB10
    Really? You know what he means

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 03:41 AM
    Haven't had a reboot now since last Thursday when I updated the OS, and didn't have one for a week before that. Exactly what that means, I have no idea.
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 04-17-13 at 07:44 AM.
    04-16-13 07:55 AM
    What's a media phone?

Posted via CB10
    Media phone a.k.a. A media consumption device style phone. Android,ios and possibly wp8 but I can't be certain since I've never owned one.

04-16-13 09:13 PM