[ coreby.com ] blackberry RIM 9900 wi-fi hotspot os 7.1 - YouTube .. i just made this , and you know what , what other device can really do wi-fi hotspots w/out paying out ridiculous pricing .. haha .. its my video chat on my playbook on the go actually . what do you guys use it for .. its usefullness has help me even more hehe .
    12-02-11 08:59 PM
    [ coreby.com ] blackberry RIM 9900 wi-fi hotspot os 7.1 - YouTube .. i just made this , and you know what , what other device can really do wi-fi hotspots w/out paying out ridiculous pricing .. haha .. its my video chat on my playbook on the go actually . what do you guys use it for .. its usefullness has help me even more hehe .
    iphones and androids have been doing this for quite a while now...
    Last edited by howarmat; 12-02-11 at 09:20 PM.
    12-02-11 09:06 PM
    Maybe this is news to him, not everyone is knowledgeable to such facts. Glad your happy with this new innovative addition to your blackberry.
    stevepar likes this.
    12-02-11 09:17 PM
    By quite a while he probably means a few months
    12-02-11 10:37 PM
    By quite a while he probably means a few months
    iphone since march i think and android for well over 2.5 years (30 months) if you want to get particular.
    12-02-11 11:00 PM
    K

we all made our points on who is better and who is worse.

We done now ?
    12-02-11 11:21 PM
    question : do you guys have it built into your phones ? or it comes as extension ?
    12-02-11 11:24 PM
    Its built into the operating system, if that's what you mean... On Android it's been available for over a year, actually. Ever since good ol' 2.0 or 2.1
    12-03-11 03:23 AM
    Actually when everybody purchased a Bold 9900, they had it inside but the OS did not have carrier privileges and other stuff yet so they kept it not visible to consumers. Now we know it does have WiFi hotspot. Anyway, stop making points on the year it came out. Its a BB forum
    12-03-11 04:16 AM
    Don't feed the troll XD
    12-03-11 04:23 AM
    Don't feed the troll XD
    What troll? I did not see anyone taking anything off topic or starting controversy or being offensive?
    12-03-11 06:53 AM
    i'm glad for his discovery. but sometimes i still wonder why they had to wait for 7.1 (which is not even an official release anywhere) to add wifi hotspot.

probably politics with the carriers. who knows.

and just to add, but for who ever cares, iPhones have been doing this for years as well with some workarounds.
    12-03-11 08:27 AM
    for who ever cares, iPhones have been doing this for years as well with some workarounds.
    I don't think "for years". I never heard of iphone as a wifi hot spot until last year on a 3gs. It had to be a 3gs and jailbroken. Late last year I heard of an app that would allow the 3gs be a hot spot while being jailed. I didn't ever use so I dunno if it worked or not.
    This is prime example of what I'm talking about in my thread. A phone owner comes and shares his enjoyment of the new ability they have w/ their device. As usually God forbibe anybody mention a BlackBerry can do anything. Smh.
    12-03-11 11:27 AM
    it was a 3gs and it was jailbroken, beginning in 2009, and it worked well.

anyway, like i said, i'm glad for the OP's discovery of this feature, and I hope RIM reads posts like this because we wonder as we wonder why this feature was not in OS 7.0, and that they need to release the 7.1 quickly through carriers if possible
    12-03-11 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD