So I read an article today about 10 reasons why Android is so much better than BlackBerry, iPhone, and etc. There has to be reasons why BlackBerry is so much better than all the other phones! Any thoughts anyone? come on, come on, come on! Think with me!
    11-10-10 01:11 AM
    Title says blackberry is better and you say in the post that android is, so it must be a typo.

My bb is awesome and does what I need it to do. Also, That markill guy linked a spam site, I think it's a spammer but can't be too sure, as the html coding used in his spam in the 9700 section was bad lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 04:34 AM
    Title says blackberry is better and you say in the post that android is, so it must be a typo.

My bb is awesome and does what I need it to do. Also, That markill guy linked a spam site, I think it's a spammer but can't be too sure, as the html coding used in his spam in the 9700 section was bad lol

He's confused and dysfunctional huh, Rb! Haha

11-10-10 08:39 AM
    So I read an article today about 10 reasons why Android is so much better than BlackBerry, iPhone, and etc. There has to be reasons why BlackBerry is so much better than all the other phones! Any thoughts anyone? come on, come on, come on! Think with me!
    Blackberry=great battery life

Blackberry=very bright screen

Blackberry=BBM

Blackberry=LOUD speaker

Blackberry=many user settings

Android=better browsing experience
    11-10-10 08:51 AM
    Blackberry exceeds in
    1 ) E-Mail
    2 ) Enterprise Control Options
    3 ) Battery Life

Android exceeds in
    1 ) customization
    2 ) Geek Factor
    3 ) Google Sync, calendar/contacts

Apple exceeds in
    1 ) User friendliness
    2 ) ease of use
    3 ) media

I've owned numerous Blackberries, but now i carry an android and an ipod touch. I must say that browsers on the Android and the Apple are really neck and neck. They are both strong, quick and easy to use. But that is what these phone were built for. They were built with a good browser in mind, and messaging second. People bash on the RIM Browser. But RIM was a E-Mail/BBM/Messaging phone first and browser second. With Applications like Live Profile, KIK and some other peer to peer connections. The BBM argument is getting to slim to null. The and with the ability to share google calendars with whomever, and google doc, dorp box and other similar programs BBM Groups is starting to dwindle as well. I must admit that the ability to have an invite only ChatRoom is pretty cool, however i never used it.

And to pit Android against Blackberry against Apple is really unfair from a OS standpoint. They are three completely OSs designed to do three different things. What Blackberry is good at the others fail. What android is good at the others fail. And the same old true for apple.

Last edited by mjneid; 11-10-10 at 09:28 AM.
    11-10-10 09:19 AM
    Blackberry=great battery life OK

Blackberry=very bright (Low Res.) screen

Blackberry=BBM O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D

Blackberry=LOUD speaker Huh?

Blackberry=many user settings More than Android? uh-uh

Android=better browsing experience OK
    I'm just sayin'
    11-10-10 09:23 AM
    I'm just sayin'
    what part of "LOUD speaker" don't u understand? I've tried most smartphones on the market, and none of them hold a candle to the speaker on the BB's. A couple days ago I (for grins) TRIED to hear the speaker on the iphone at the Apple store. It was inaudible in the store. i could barely hear it when held next to my ear. My BB is easily heard in noisy environments without having to hold it near my ear. I also tried out the Samsung fascinate. while louder than the iphone, it's a LOUSY speaker with very poor fidelity and it's not nearly as loud as the BB.

IMO, BBM is not overrated. I like knowing when my message has been sent, delivered, and read. Also, for file transfers it's great.
    11-10-10 10:08 AM
    Why I love the big 3

Android - You don't care about security and you want to root EVERYTHING! You are the ultimate nerd phone.

Blackberry - You like to be secure, you love to communicate effectively, you are the ultimate "business" phone

iphone - You look sexy and your easy, just like the people that buy you. You are the ultimate yuppie phone.
    11-10-10 11:03 AM
    Why I love the big 3

Android - You don't care about security and you want to root EVERYTHING! You are the ultimate nerd phone.

Blackberry - You like to be secure, you love to communicate effectively, you are the ultimate "business" phone

iphone - You look sexy and your easy, just like the people that buy you. You are the ultimate yuppie phone.
    excellent description of the top three platforms, but I'm not sure that Jesus phone freaks are all sexy...but I'm sure they are all sex goddesses and gods, in their own minds.
    11-10-10 11:14 AM
    Androids are Linuix based. Can you point to a place in time where Linux got bombarded with a virus threats.

The so called Virus that Android phones are prone to is typically mal-ware. They do no infect the phone, to a point of destroying the phone. they'll leach phone numbers or e-mail address. Which i agree 110% is horrible. But it is possible on any platform and if people would read the reviews they would see other people complained about " What ever it might be "

11-10-10 11:23 AM
    Why I love the big 3

Hah. That's almost like Linux/Windows/Mac...Except Linux is great for security!

Anyway. I've noticed on TWO droid models. (Not saying all are bad, I just happened to play with two) that the OS was sluggish at times, and would lock up a lot. Like I said. It might just be the ones I handled, because they were used and very possibly bogged up with apps that are not needed (Read: Fart app) My old curve is still very snappy and responsive. I rarely have to do battery pulls. So that's my opinion why I like my crackberry
    11-10-10 11:28 AM
    Androids are Linuix based. Can you point to a place in time where Linux got bombarded with a virus threats.

The so called Virus that Android phones are prone to is typically mal-ware. They do no infect the phone, to a point of destroying the phone. they'll leach phone numbers or e-mail address. Which i agree 110% is horrible. But it is possible on any platform and if people would read the reviews they would see other people complained about " What ever it might be "

+1

10 char
    11-10-10 01:35 PM
    what part of "LOUD speaker" don't u understand? I've tried most smartphones on the market, and none of them hold a candle to the speaker on the BB's. A couple days ago I (for grins) TRIED to hear the speaker on the iphone at the Apple store. It was inaudible in the store. i could barely hear it when held next to my ear. My BB is easily heard in noisy environments without having to hold it near my ear. I also tried out the Samsung fascinate. while louder than the iphone, it's a LOUSY speaker with very poor fidelity and it's not nearly as loud as the BB.

IMO, BBM is not overrated. I like knowing when my message has been sent, delivered, and read. Also, for file transfers it's great.
    Don't waste your time ... the dude doesn't understand anything that speaks remotely favorably about BB's. Every phone out there is better than any p.o.s. BB. He sells phones, dontcha know, so he knows everything there ever was, is, or will be about phones, including what you and I should like in a phone and what works best for everybody. NOTHING on any BlackBerry phone is better than ANYTHING on any other phone. So you may as well just get used to living with inferiority.

The fact that I tried several phones before deciding on a Torch and I'm completely content with that decision just proves that I don't know what I'm talking about.

FWIW, to keep this on topic:

- My battery life is more than adequate for me.

- I love the form factor; can't get it on an iPhone or any Androids currently offered by AT&T (I have a family plan, so switching carriers is not a preferable option; and I've been very satisfied with AT&T, so I have no desire to switch anyway).

- BB's are customizable in ways that just aren't possible on iPhones.

- Apple and Android may have more apps, but I don't need 300,000 apps; besides, Microsoft says we spend too much time on our phones anyway. Really? Yes, really, they said that. Me, I can't spend enough time on my Torch.
    11-10-10 02:03 PM
    Don't waste your time ... the dude doesn't understand anything that speaks remotely favorably about BB's. Every phone out there is better than any p.o.s. BB. He sells phones, dontcha know, so he knows everything there ever was, is, or will be about phones, including what you and I should like in a phone and what works best for everybody. NOTHING on any BlackBerry phone is better than ANYTHING on any other phone. So you may as well just get used to living with inferiority.

The fact that I tried several phones before deciding on a Torch and I'm completely content with that decision just proves that I don't know what I'm talking about.

- I love the form factor; can't get it on an iPhone or any Androids currently offered by AT&T (I have a family plan, so switching carriers is not a preferable option; and I've been very satisfied with AT&T, so I have no desire to switch anyway).

- Apple and Android may have more apps, but I don't need 300,000 apps; besides, Microsoft says we spend too much time on our phones anyway. Really? Yes, really, they said that. Me, I can't spend enough time on my Torch.
    Was that sarcasm?

Yeah I hate that commercial. MS is just mad we're not on their devices. Way to sell stuff, Steve [Ballmer]! Tell us we use it too much then try to sell us what you're trying to get us to stop using.
    Last edited by CASH; 11-10-10 at 03:16 PM.
    11-10-10 03:12 PM

Same here, as far as apps go--I've got a Touch (I've actually got 2 touchs--a 2g and a 4g) and it's a rare day that I find an app worthy of installing. I've got the "basics" like netflix, Pandora, google app, a game or two, CNBC real time stock quotes, weatherbug, Kindle, a few news apps...I've also got some apps that I almost never use, which gets to the core of my point: it's not the quantity of apps available that impresses me about the Apple App store--there are very few apps really needed to enjoy a multimedia device, IMO, be it a cell phone or a tablet.

The only apps I wish I could get for my Storm is Word For Friends and Netflix. The closest app to "Word..." is terrible and I deleted it the same day I installed it (forgot the name of it). Hardly earth shattering omissions. What I do think is cool about the app store is how easy it is to get updates. BB needs to step up their method for updating any app that is installable on a BB device. It's really hit or miss. SOME apps that install from the web will show an update is available, from the BB menu within the app, but others don't. I'd like the notifications for app updates be made consistent so I don't have to wonder if there's a newer version "out there somewhere". That's bush-league, compared to Apple's more polished method. (and I'm CLEARLY no Apple fan!!!)
    11-10-10 03:33 PM
    I own and use a Torch and own both Android and iPhone. Guess which phone is my every day all day carry phone, TORCH. It is the "Git er Done" Phone.
    11-10-10 04:25 PM
    Don't write off Microsoft in this game, WM7 is worthy of being added to this discussion. It will only grow stronger and currently offers a true competitor on corporate integration, best in mobile office suite, iPhone like multimedia offerings on higher end hardware Vs Blackberry.

Sure RIM has the best communication platform hands down currently but gaps are closing and bluring all over the market except for one place and thats RIM. I think the S3 will be the game changer that Blackberry really needs as black slabs are such a big player in the market these days.
    11-10-10 06:34 PM
    Blackberry has superior battery life, and bbm.
    11-10-10 06:46 PM
    This horse needs to be euthanized already.
    11-10-10 06:54 PM
    I just got this Curve 9300. I don't like touchscreen phones,I like having a physical keyboard. I can make it through a full day even with heavy use before charging. The speaker phone is the best I've ever had,crystal clear. The screen is bright and clear. I can see instantly whether my messages have been sent. I love the Blackberry App World and all of the free apps available.

11-15-10 10:00 AM
    Blackberry has superior battery life, and bbm.
    BBM is pretty much a null and void point. It's no different that Google Talk, AIM, Yahoo. Kik or Live Profile.....

Calendars syncs? Google can do it
    Note? Google Docs to the rescue.

11-15-10 11:22 AM
    BBM is pretty much a null and void point. It's no different that Google Talk, AIM, Yahoo. Kik or Live Profile.....

^^^True, I downloaded kik, with a few updates I can see a lot of people adopting it...
    11-15-10 05:53 PM

ok, so heres how i see why bbm is miles better than what other IM apps offer.

you work for company x, they give you a BB and their security protocol means you cant download unauthed apps. BBM already on phone and controllable (to a point i guess) through their server, so all you can use is bbm.

essentially there is no one `super duper WOW` phone, else we`d all be on the same device. we all have different tastes and user styles.
    11-15-10 06:18 PM
    reasons why i like my bb are
    *keyboard, all the symbols are easy to access and i dont need to look at keys. unlike the iphone i made errors and auto corrections got annoying.
    *the ease of adding files,videos,photos, music just plug a bb in a comp and it acts like a usb. iphones require syncing and added apps just to act as an usb.
    *email obviously
    *solid phone im clumsy ive stood on and dropped my 9700 bold on concrete several times and its resistant so far
    *themes and being able to add shortcuts, change keys..
    * although the appworld isnt as large as other phones i still have good apps that i use like weather,facebook,google,twitter,msn.
    *i know that people can use bbs for many years without it breaking
    *extendable memory and battery- big plus for me as i put uni lectures on my phone.
    11-15-10 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD