Just wondering what the percentages are like... Why do you have a blackbery? Is it for your job? If so what is it and why does it help you? Or are you one who just likes all the additional features not found on a normal phone? Or are there any other reasons? Let me know. I'm curious.
    06-22-09 09:23 PM
    I own one because i get tired of texting with a regular phone. Plus when im laying down in bed, i can check my messages and surf the web through wifi.
    06-22-09 09:27 PM
    I love the push email and the keyboard. The open OS for apps is also a huge plus.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 09:31 PM
    just out of convenience for me. i like to be able to access my emails when i receive them. also because i text a lot and the keyboard is awesome
    06-22-09 09:31 PM
    I wanted a phone with a full keyboard that was good at multitasking.

06-22-09 09:59 PM
    Because my was free, but my new job require me to have 1 and there gonna upgrade me 2 a bold. I use push email a lot.
    06-22-09 10:06 PM
    logging into 6 different emails is hard work
    06-22-09 10:07 PM
    just out of convenience for me. i like to be able to access my emails when i receive them. also because i text a lot and the keyboard is awesome
    Ditto! Same reasons for me as well...Plus I wanted something not many of my friends had, so I had to go BIG or go HOME and I def went big lol.
    i wanted it for screen resolution, qwerty keyboard, games, wifi, gps, and the awesome apps.
    logging into 6 different emails is hard work
    same thing
    too many emails to type in
    new emails just get longer and longer these days
    06-22-09 10:09 PM
    full keyboard the apps are pretty sweet and surfin the internet i hate my 8220 want a 8900 or newer curve my girl has it =( she came from the sidekick 08 and loves it lol myspaces txts BBMs AIM MSN IM all that all day i cant believe all the **** she does
    06-22-09 10:10 PM
    My reason for owning a BlackBerry is because its like having a computer in the palm of ur hand. U don't have to always be around a computer,u get all ur e mail as they come in. U can surf the web and constantly be connected to family and friends. Basically its not ur typical phone.
    06-22-09 10:14 PM
    full keyboard the apps are pretty sweet and surfin the internet i hate my 8220 want a 8900 or newer curve my girl has it =( she came from the sidekick 08 and loves it lol myspaces txts BBMs AIM MSN IM all that all day i cant believe all the **** she does
    lol give her yours and say that one is more for a girl and ill take the bigger device since its heavier and dont want you to carry it
    06-22-09 10:14 PM
    Seems sad, but to increase sales. People want what the sales people have, because they know whats best. Also makes people think i know what im doing when im troubleshooting their phone, when in reality im on here looking up the answer :0)
    06-22-09 10:15 PM
    My reason for owning a BlackBerry is because its like having a computer in the palm of ur hand. U don't have to always be around a computer,u get all ur e mail as they come in. U can surf the web and constantly be connected to family and friends. Basically its not ur typical phone.
    its a better phone, its a smart phone lol
    06-22-09 10:19 PM
    I own one because i get tired of texting with a regular phone. Plus when im laying down in bed, i can check my messages and surf the web through wifi.
    That's pretty much the reason I am looking into getting one also. It's just got a lot of what I want to have in one phone. Convenience is what it's about
    06-22-09 10:30 PM
    For me its cause its easier to check emails for work. I don't have to go to the damn computer to check them.

06-22-09 11:30 PM
    For me its the "computer in the palm of your hand factor". I have a headache, and plopping in my bed is a no brainer for me. But because of bb I don't have to sacrifice not being connected. Browsing the web, texting, and e-mailing are at the touch of my finger tips. And plus the form factor is just great. Nice keyboard and big vivid screen. Its hard not to love this device.

06-22-09 11:55 PM
    Push email, surfing the web on ur phone. Pretty mch the smartphone features. Its like a computer on ur hand I've been spendng time more on my bbinstead of my PC she's starting to get jealous :P

06-23-09 02:33 AM
    cuz stone cold said so
    06-23-09 02:45 AM
    1) They were cheap for me. Pearl = $30, Curve = $75, Bold = free

2) Professionally I live and die by email. Nothing currently does
    that better than the BB

3) eOffice works with it flawlessly.

The computer in your hand thing makes no sense to me. It is far
    from it.
    06-23-09 03:01 AM
    a blackberry is the kind of messaging..

IE email, TEXTING push applications such as facebook/myspace

master of instant messaging such as aim,gtalk,icq,yahoo,msn

decent for a media device IE videos internet music (other devices can take the crown in this department)

to put it simple if you use a lot of forms of communication then mostly nothing tops a blackberry..
    06-23-09 03:46 AM
    Seriously, because it's cool...
    06-23-09 04:00 AM
    Originally I obtained one for the price.
    But after about 10 minutes, I was hooked.
    Email
    Convenience
    I love the Classy style of the whole BIS/BES system vs the old clunky way my Palm Centro did email.
    speed
    multi-tasking
    evernote
    06-23-09 05:57 AM
    My favorite thing to say is that I have less 'reason' for owning a blackberry than anyone I know--but I can't imagine my life without one. I have it for the same reason I had a Palm--it keeps my entire life in my hand. Yeah, I keep my calendar, and my tasks on it, but I also have the entire medical history of my kid, my dogs and myself in it. I keep recipes, wine lists, pretty much every song I've ever loved, and both written and audio books. All in something that fits into my jeans pocket. It's just TOO cool.

edit to add--oh yeah, and the whole email and web thing.....instead of sitting at my computer to type this, I could do it from my bb....can't beat it.
    Last edited by dlgus; 06-23-09 at 06:29 AM. Reason: to add praise
    06-23-09 06:25 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD