Does anyone know why blackberry always have secret release dates? For instance, the Verizon release of the priv, tmo release date. No marketing, or if there is marketing it's a terrible job. I just don't get it.

PS. Can a mod fix the title to "why secret release dates?"
    Thanks
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-03-16 05:23 AM
    the dates are secret cause no one knows when they will release. It's not like they do any advertising. they can release when they want
    Laura Knotek and JeepBB like this.
    03-03-16 05:37 AM
    Release dates are kept secret so that, if they fail to meet their internal schedules, they won't be seen as "failing to make their release date" because they never announced a release date. And complicated machines like smartphones frequently have development and production running past their initially-planned dates.

This isn't unique to BB at all.
    03-03-16 07:09 PM
    I agree with all that was said and add that with all that being true; a Secret Release Date benefits the company by allowing for production delays, while creating instant advertising when rumors of an upcoming release unofficially circulates.
    It's a win-win low cost benefit.
    What's the old adage "there's no better advertisement, than word of mouth ".
    But the problem is; although Paid Advertisement cost more, it also spreads the word to more mouths faster and farther.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 10:11 AM
    Prematurely announcing the release date of a device and not meeting that deadline. Is similar to an employee promising to finish a project to his/her manager and not being able to deliver.

Undermine the credibility of that employee and for BB case further damages BB's credibility as well.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-05-16 10:23 AM
    Use a release date that is realistic like every other company does. I don't get it. No one knows about the priv if I weren't talking about it or if I didn't have it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-05-16 08:54 PM
    They didn't used to be secret about it and gave release dates until they missed them every time by a mile. I guess giving no release date is better than giving one and never getting close to making it. I can't remember the last BB device that when given a specific release date was actually met on time. So really they are better off not giving one at all.
    03-05-16 09:09 PM