I recently removed my desktop software and im now trying to re install it and it wont let me it keeps telling me a newer version is already installed and i know its not because i removed it i have tried loads of stuff cc cleaner even tried deleting the reg keys related to rim and nothing it just wont let me install it
    03-03-12 09:39 AM
    Send a tweet to @blackberryhelp on Twitter - maybe they can offer a solution. Good luck!
    03-03-12 02:07 PM
    A couple of things to check:

- make sure you don't have any phone OS's installed. Go to Add/remove Programs, and look for 'BlackBerry Device Software vx.x.x for <your device name>'. While you're in there, make sure you don't have BlackBerry Desktop software. If you see any of them, remove them.

- Go to c:\program files\Research In Motion. This folder should be empty. If it isn't, delete everything in it.

-Go to c:\program files\Common Files. If there's a Research In Motion folder, delete it and everything in it.

- Go to c:\Documents and Settings. Check the All Users, Default User, and your own user name (if you have one) sub-folders. If there's a Temp or temp folder in any of them, delete it.

-Go to c:\Windows\Temp. Be sure you're in the Temp folder! Delete every folder and file that you can (there may be one or more files or folders that can't be deleted).

Reboot, then try to install desktop software again.
    03-03-12 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD