I've read some of y'all rely on the Blackberry as your alarm clock. Really? What alarm sound helps wake you up? Lately, I've been having a hard time waking up with my regular clock (I'm getting very good at hitting snooze for 20 minutes before it registers in my brain that my alarm is actually going off for a reason) and I'd like to maybe see if I can wake up better with my Blackberry... I'm tired of having only 10 minutes to get ready for work (and you know how long we women need to get ready in the morning!).
    04-17-08 10:14 AM
    I use "Alarm-Electronic" works well.
    04-17-08 10:16 AM
    Why is it that the Alarm rings ONLY when I'm deepest asleep?
    04-17-08 10:19 AM
    I set mine to vibrate three times before a song plays. Then I hit the snooze button (ten minutes) at least three times before I actually get up ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-08 10:24 AM
    I set mine to vibrate three times before a song plays. Then I hit the snooze button (ten minutes) at least three times before I actually get up ;-)

That's gonna end up happening to me, lol! I'm doomed to not wake up on time ever....
    04-17-08 10:25 AM
    i use a ringtone as my alarm sound, and i put it on loud or even medium always wakes me up, and i set a 5 minutes snooze so if i have to keep pressing snooze i'll eventually get annoyed and just wake up
    04-17-08 10:33 AM
    I play Rock Lobster by Peter Griffin as my alarm. On the loud setting it is annoying enough to wake up. If you have a good song, then I doubt you will want to wake out of your slumber. Make sure it plays back loud though as some mp3s are louder than others.
    04-17-08 10:33 AM
    i dont use an alarm... i wake up two hours before i ever need to... it's a curse.

-db
    04-17-08 10:52 AM
    12 years in the infantry and I rocket out of bed at the first beep of the alarm....or sit there and stare at the damn clock waiting for it to go off.

Ever try putting your alarm clock across the room so you have to get out of bed to turn it off?
    04-17-08 10:56 AM
    i dont use an alarm... i wake up two hours before i ever need to... it's a curse.

-db
    Dang that sucks. What time do you get up then?

12 years in the infantry and I rocket out of bed at the first beep of the alarm....or sit there and stare at the damn clock waiting for it to go off.

Ever try putting your alarm clock across the room so you have to get out of bed to turn it off?
    I think when I used to do that, I'd turn it OFF instead of hitting snooze and then go back to sleep. Not a very good idea.
    04-17-08 11:45 AM
    I use early riser, it always wakes me up because its so annoying.
    04-17-08 11:54 AM
    I put mine in my pillow case under the pillow and set it for the maximum number of vibrations. In the end some of it comes down to some discipline. It's not the clock's job to get you up, it's to tell you WHEN to get up.
    04-17-08 12:17 PM
    I put mine in my pillow case under the pillow and set it for the maximum number of vibrations. In the end some of it comes down to some discipline. It's not the clock's job to get you up, it's to tell you WHEN to get up.
    Obviously. However, I was looking for something that would help me get up a little bit easier, maybe something that would be so obnoxious it would jarr me awake on those mornings when I'm fast asleep.
    04-17-08 01:42 PM
    Yeah! I use the alarm clock on my curve. it's awesome I actually wake up to it.
    04-17-08 01:48 PM
    I use mine, and it does a good job. But I too hit sleep about 5 times before I get up. Lol. I use the tone Antelope.
    04-17-08 01:56 PM
    Alarm_Earlyriser does a good job of waking me up. 3 blasts of that at medium or loud usually does the trick but just in case I do hit snooze, I set that for only 5 minutes.
    04-17-08 03:27 PM
    "My City was Gone" by the Pretenders.
    04-17-08 03:33 PM
    I use a ring tone I downloaded from CB. Its the one that sounds like a fax machine. Its loud and obnoxious. Also, I do like someone else mentioned; I put it far enough away that I have to actually get up out of bed to turn it off.

04-17-08 03:34 PM
    I use it when I nap and change the sound to a musical ringtone I've downloaded based on my mood. lol.

But I try not to use my BB as my primary alarm. That is NOT the kind of relationship I want with it.

04-17-08 04:16 PM
    Here's a non-phone solution for all of you that can't seem to wake up.

SkyMallElectronics & Gadgets - Sonic Boom Alarm Clock
    04-18-08 11:52 AM
    I use the BB Alarm every workday, along with an alarm clock, each going off somewhere between the other's snooze pauses... A regular alarm clock, years ago, became unreliable at getting me up, so I had to go to the two-alarm method... no problems since then. I use the default alarm noise, whatever that one is (I forget at the moment..)
    04-18-08 12:00 PM
    Why is the built in alarm clock so basic though?

My ipaq allowed the creation of multiple alarms and was able to select what days to function such as; monday, wednesday, and friday. The BB only offers a 7 day alarm or a Mon-Fri alarm. Some of us work weekends for a living and a more functional alarm clock, that would allow the user to define which days to operate, would be more beneficial.

My BB has replaced everything I use to carry, and the only app that falls short is the alarm.

Is there a 3rd party app that operates the same way as the ipaq?
    04-18-08 01:20 PM
    Uhh... does the alarm not work when the phone is in standby? Because I turned my phone to standby last night and it didn't go off.. luckily my regular alarm clock was set to go off also.
    04-18-08 01:44 PM
    I don't need an alarm clock, I used to wake up at 4am for work everyday and never used an alarm clock. Never late either.
    I been workin all night lately so I don't need it.
    On the rare occasion that I have something important to do, I set an alarm clock across the room so I have to get out of bed (but then I sleep with my gun lol jk kinda)

04-18-08 11:35 PM
    I set the alarm on my clock and the alarm on my BB for five minutes later. In the event that I sleep through my normal the BB is backup. My alarm is set for noon but I usually wake up before that.
    04-18-08 11:43 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD