03-31-14 11:46 AM
127 123 ...
tools
    Full article link: Samsung Smartphone Users Are Nearly As Loyal As iPhone Users - Business Insider
    "iPhone users are notably devoted to Apple, with few making the switch to other handset-makers when they upgrade. But now Samsung users are catching up in terms of brand loyalty.
    Roughly three out of four existing iPhone users in the U.S., U.K, and Australia who upgraded last year chose to upgrade to another iPhone, according to new survey results from�WDS, compiled by BI Intelligence.�
    But Samsung users aren't far off.
    About 58% of Samsung users who upgraded chose a new Samsung device in 2013.�
    Little surprise, BlackBerry users were the most disloyal. Roughly four out of every five BlackBerry owners who upgraded, chose to upgrade to a different brand when picking a new handset.�....."
    Hope that Mr Chen could right the sinking ship. What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by elite1; 03-28-14 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Wrapped quote in [QUOTE] tags
    sisko2003 likes this.
    03-26-14 06:25 PM
    Unfortunately, this is probably true. Let's hope with more new handsets planned, this percentage will turn around. I have never considered myself disloyal to anything I felt passionate about, and BlackBerry is no exception. I am the 5th person in that study.
    03-26-14 06:29 PM
    That was LAST YEAR!

The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time.

Do you even recall what you were worrying about one year ago today!?

(not you,JD.. the OP! I type slow!!)
    vanrickman and Jrox74 like this.
    03-26-14 06:29 PM
    Yep, the last 4 quarter figures have clearly shown this trend

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 06:32 PM
    That was LAST YEAR!

I was worrying about getting my hands on a Z10. It ended happily enough. A year later with my Z10 and I have no smartphone worries to speak of. I'm just loving it more everyday.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 06:42 PM
    I feel that a lot of the people upgrading from BlackBerry to another phone are OS7 users

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 07:24 PM
    To be honest, I don't pay attention to business insider. Lots of opinion pieces without a shed of common sense. Very poor analytical work and consequently I deleted their app from my phone.

In my many years of investing there is one thing I have always held to. When analysts build arguments on the idea that the status quo won't change, bet against it. They are simply trying to convince themselves.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 08:17 PM
    What reality dose? This just confirms people are too insecure to look at other options.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-26-14 08:20 PM
    This really doesn't tell us anything we didn't know. BB users left their older keyboard, smaller screen, lack of apps device for something else. But, as BB gets back into the game some may come back. BB has a great product, they are just horrible at telling anyone about it. Abysmal actually.

Specs are meaningless. If your phone is sluggish you don't care about specs.
    03-26-14 08:31 PM
    This really doesn't tell us anything we didn't know. BB users left their older keyboard, smaller screen, lack of apps device for something else. But, as BB gets back into the game some may come back. BB has a great product, they are just horrible at telling anyone about it. Abysmal actually.

Specs are meaningless. If your phone is sluggish you don't care about specs.
    BB10 phones are rarely sluggish under normal circumstances. Maybe some games are too much for the 10s and below but the Z30 can handle it.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-26-14 08:34 PM
    That was LAST YEAR!

Yeah, I was worrying if Verizon would have a z10 in stock so I could buy one!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 08:36 PM
    Yeah, I was worrying if Verizon would have a z10 in stock so I could buy one!

Posted via CB10
    Even if they weren't in stock you could always buy them online. EBay or official BlackBerry store.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-26-14 08:38 PM
    Interested to see the 2014 results. Year over year comparisons should be improved.
    03-26-14 08:39 PM
    BB10 phones are rarely sluggish under normal circumstances. Maybe some games are too much for the 10s and below but the Z30 can handle it.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    My kids refuse to play certain games on their iPhone and Android after experiencing it on my Z10.

Z10 on T-Mobile, 32 GB PlayBook - Posted via CrackBerry 10
    03-26-14 08:48 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Exactly my point. Specs are only for tech nerds. People only care if their phone is sluggish or not. BB performs better than than some phones with better specs and crappier software.
    johnybricks likes this.
    03-26-14 08:56 PM
    I am also the 5th person in that 4-out-of-5 study. I upgraded from a Bold 9900 to a Q10, and I plan to upgrade to a Q20 when it's released. I will continue upgrading within BlackBerry because their smartphones are superb. When it comes to phones, Nokia may have been my first love, but BlackBerry is the big love.

Posted via CB10
    colectionarul likes this.
    03-26-14 09:41 PM
    What reality dose? This just confirms people are too insecure to look at other options.
    LOL, Dave, you know that comment cuts both ways, right?

I think the point is that people probably won't make changes unless there is something compelling enough to make them change. It also goes to show that timing is everything. BB10 is a great platform, but is struggling with attracting people that may be more-or-less happy with their mobile device decisions.

IMHO, of course.
    03-26-14 09:43 PM
    LOL, Dave, you know that comment cuts both ways, right?

I think the point is that people probably won't make changes unless there is something compelling enough to make them change. It also goes to show that timing is everything. BB10 is a great platform, but is struggling with attracting people that may be more-or-less happy with their mobile device decisions.

IMHO, of course.
    This. I was reflecting on this over the last couple of weeks. I was eligible for an upgrade. I could have had any phone I wanted : iPhone, S4, HTC One, BlackBerry, WP. I chose to upgrade my Z10 to the Z30. I'm invested in the BlackBerry "system " and OS and I really like it. I have no compelling reason to switch. Users of other OS probably feel the same way.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 10:27 PM
    It doesn't really confirm anything. How can people upgrade to BB10 or stay loyal to the brand if they don't know about BB's current phones? Yes I'm critical of BB because I think they make some horrific decisions but how can you blame people for jumping ship when the marketing for BB10 is as non-existent as it gets? If people think that OS7 is all that BB has to offer why would they stay loyal to BB?

And I don't want to hear "oh they don't have the money for it." BS. They are a billion dollar company paying executives millions each year. Your telling me they can't put together one decent ad?
    milo53 and jakie55 like this.
    03-26-14 10:43 PM
    It doesn't really confirm anything. How can people upgrade to BB10 or stay loyal to the brand if they don't know about BB's current phones? Yes I'm critical of BB because I think they make some horrific decisions but how can you blame people for jumping ship when the marketing for BB10 is as non-existent as it gets? If people think that OS7 is all that BB has to offer why would they stay loyal to BB?

And I don't want to hear "oh they don't have the money for it." BS. They are a billion dollar company paying executives millions each year. Your telling me they can't put together one decent ad?
    They will put together a had for Z3 and Q20 launch... hoping that it's done correctly... they should also do a general had for BES12 and BB10 devices as a whole.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-26-14 10:59 PM
    Sprints users like myself really have it bad... They promised to carry the z30. What happened?? Some people want a 5" bb and Sprint should carry it!
    03-26-14 11:14 PM
    Sprints users like myself really have it bad... They promised to carry the z30. What happened?? Some people want a 5" bb and Sprint should carry it!
    Is the online version that you can buy compatible with Sprint?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-27-14 12:48 AM
    Well BlackBerry10 was in loose-loose situation. Phones were overpriced, os10 was unfinished, iPhones were too cute and. Androids were too cheap. That's why legacy guys switched.
    Now BlackBerry is in even harder situation. Almost none of major operators and sellers have bb10 in stock or in the showroom. BB guys will have to reinvent phone sales.
    From my perspective, I never used BlackBerry phones until z10, and now I hope I will never have to change to another os than bb1x.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    03-27-14 03:29 AM
    Wasn't the rapidly sinking marketshare a clue? So I fail to see how it's a dose of reality for anyone that's paid any attention at all.

So then I guess one can argue (as the article seems to) that it will be hard for BlackBerry to win anyone back since both the Apple and Samsung users are so loyal. And yet at one time when everyone who was anyone haaaaad to have a BlackBerry, they were leaving others for BB.

So if BlackBerry comes up with something truly compelling they can win folks back to some degree I believe.

The problem is no one can really state what it would be that would be compelling AND be a BlackBerry only feature/design, etc.
    wincyUt, Nine54, jakie55 and 3 others like this.
    03-27-14 03:35 AM
    Imo, they won't win back any customers with a cheap z3, or a overpriced q20. If you really think about, even if they advertise the site out of it.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 08:13 AM
127 123 ...