I love my z-10 even though the compass has lost it's mind after the 10.2 update. I'll try a z-30 in September. Blackberry rules.
    03-28-14 06:12 PM
    The cpu and gpu is identical.... what internals are you talking about...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    The X8 Computing system. The core is a dual core snapdragon but the remaining six processors do special stuff that the Z30 can not.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    03-28-14 06:19 PM
    Chen never talks about marketing advertising or commercials.

Posted via CB10
    He doesn't because BlackBerry is the underground world or under dog.

Guess my device. "It has keys"
    03-28-14 06:26 PM
    He doesn't because BlackBerry is the underground world or under dog.

Guess my device. "It has keys"
    To be a underdog you have to actually try to win or gain something. They are doing nothing now, but stemming losses.

03-28-14 06:29 PM
    For the life of me I can't understand why people are so taken in by the iPhone which comes out with the exact same phone that does the same thing. BlackBerry has the Z10 an IPhone with security and for me Q10 with a real keyboard that has business built tech and government grade security and BBM. I said all this to point out that it isn't about the devices for BlackBerry it has been leadership. The founders were doing fine until after 2008 then they are replaced by Thor who put final nails into the playbook device and still he really tried to play that one off. Hopefully Mr. Chen is a leader and will allow the Blackberry employees to do what they are fully capable of and start digging BlackBerry back to the big 3 club.
    drewood66 likes this.
    03-28-14 06:46 PM
    For the life of me I can't understand why people are so taken in by the iPhone which comes out with the exact same phone that does the same thing. BlackBerry has the Z10 an IPhone with security and for me Q10 with a real keyboard that has business built tech and government grade security and BBM. I said all this to point out that it isn't about the devices for BlackBerry it has been leadership. The founders were doing fine until after 2008 then they are replaced by Thor who put final nails into the playbook device and still he really tried to play that one off. Hopefully Mr. Chen is a leader and will allow the Blackberry employees to do what they are fully capable of and start digging BlackBerry back to the big 3 club.
    Average consumers don't care about security and the iPhone has all the new apps and has a tailored experience that is simple so that anyone can use it.

03-28-14 07:34 PM
    Security? Didn't I just hear Chen talk about suing someone who managed to get secret company plans by posing as an employee of a carrier? What kind of company that stakes its reputation on security allows such sensitive information get accessed by an impostor?
    03-28-14 07:55 PM
    Security? Didn't I just hear Chen talk about suing someone who managed to get secret company plans by posing as an employee of a carrier? What kind of company that stakes its reputation on security allows such sensitive information get accessed by an impostor?
    Social engineering is the most difficult to prevent...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    03-28-14 07:58 PM
    The X8 Computing system. The core is a dual core snapdragon but the remaining six processors do special stuff that the Z30 can not.
    Factually incorrect.

In addition to the Dual Core Snapdragon, the Quad Core Adreno GPU is also common between the Z30 and the Moto X. Dave was correct about that part.

The remaining two processors in the X8 system, namely the Natural Language Processor and the Contextual Awareness Processor, are unique to the Moto X.

But, if you spread enough pixie dust, "remaining 2 processors" and "remaining 6 processors" is just not a significant difference.

SMH.
    03-28-14 08:11 PM
    Having a BB10 device since it came out, it just makes no sense to me why people dont upgrade to it (lack of marketing and a few other things of course). It is the greatest phone I have ever owned and i've had iphones and android.
    Because of poor marketing, non-existent sales support and very, very few people, BB10 users included, would ever declare that BB10 is the "greatest phone" ever. I use both an iPhone 5S and a Q10 (I used to be an exclusive BB user) and I would never say that my Q10 is the "greatest phone" ever. It is barely the greatest Blackberry ever.
    03-28-14 08:11 PM
    Factually incorrect.

In addition to the Dual Core Snapdragon, the Quad Core Adreno GPU is also common between the Z30 and the Moto X. Dave was correct about that part.

The remaining two processors in the X8 system, namely the Natural Language Processor and the Contextual Awareness Processor, are unique to the Moto X.

But, if you spread enough pixie dust, "remaining 2 processors" and "remaining 6 processors" is just not a significant difference.

SMH.
    4 GPU processors
    2 Snapdragon Processors
    1 natural language processor
    1 contextual computing processor
    X8 System

http://www.androidauthority.com/moto...lained-248410/

It is slightly a misnomer I guess from my previous comment. But it's technically true what I said. Just like if you said the Z30 had 6 processors you wouldn't be lying as there is a quad core graphic processors and a dual core snapdragon base.

03-28-14 08:24 PM
    I feel that a lot just about all of the people upgrading from BlackBerry to another phone are OS7 users

Posted via CB10
    Corrected for accuracy. Regardless if BB10 is considered wonderful or terrible by most consumers (and I think most of the consumers who have used BB10 think it is pretty good), BB10 devices have only been out for a year, and most people don't upgrade or change operating systems in a year or less (especially in subsidized, contract-oriented markets).
    03-29-14 08:52 AM
    Because perception and lack of marketing !!!! It has nothing to do with the devices themselves !!! And everything to do of how people see BlackBerry...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Wrong. Because the other devices meet their needs. Its as simple as that. Blackberry was late to the dance.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-29-14 09:59 AM
    Wrong. Because the other devices meet their needs. Its as simple as that. Blackberry was late to the dance.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    They aren't even at the party yet.

"Official" they don't have the apps that most consumers want (yes I know many here don't want them, or think the browser is fine) . Unofficial installing APK is great, but it really begs the question of why not just get an Android device.

Reputation is very bad - pre & post BB10 launch. And no marketing is just allowing BlackBerry to fade into the history books. Both in consumers and carriers mind.

Doesn't really matter how much BB10 has improved, it hasn't out paced the reputation.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and anon(5828343) like this.
    03-29-14 10:19 AM
    They aren't even at the party yet.

"Official" they don't have the apps that most consumers want (yes I know many here don't want them, or think the browser is fine) . Unofficial installing APK is great, but it really begs the question of why not just get an Android device.

Reputation is very bad - pre & post BB10 launch. And no marketing is just allowing BlackBerry to fade into the history books. Both in consumers and carriers mind.

Doesn't really matter how much BB10 has improved, it hasn't out paced the reputation.

Posted via CB10
    Can't argue with your points.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-29-14 11:19 AM
    Doesn't really matter how much BB10 has improved, it hasn't out paced the reputation. Posted via CB10
    Agree entirely re: reputation. I can't count the number of times friends and colleagues who have seen my Q10 (and before that, my Z10) and said "Wow, I can't believe you still carry a Blackberry, I hated X (the browser, app selection, poor GPS, etc, etc)." Whether BB10 has improved any of those elements or not, the lack of any real marketing (however effective or ineffective) has meant that BBRY has allowed BB10's reputational issues to overtake any potential improvements to the product (and it's debatable whether some of those reputational issues have been effectively addressed in BB10).
    03-29-14 03:36 PM
    Agree entirely re: reputation. I can't count the number of times friends and colleagues who have seen my Q10 (and before that, my Z10) and said "Wow, I can't believe you still carry a Blackberry, I hated X (the browser, app selection, poor GPS, etc, etc)." Whether BB10 has improved any of those elements or not, the lack of any real marketing (however effective or ineffective) has meant that BBRY has allowed BB10's reputational issues to overtake any potential improvements to the product (and it's debatable whether some of those reputational issues have been effectively addressed in BB10).
    This.

anon(5828343) likes this.
    03-29-14 03:44 PM
    I would most certainly agree that no phone has more "features" than a Samsung, especially when you get into the Note series with the SPen, however, I would argue that most of these features (especially the air gestures and smart screens) get turned off by the vast majority of their users, as these are features that require such specific conditions in which to function properly that they cannot be relied on. The air gestures are gimmicks, at best. On the other hand, the SPen is actually function since the Note3.

Regardless of features, I am NOT a believer that more features equals a better device. I find the vast amount of features on a Note3, confusing, at best. I teach people how to use smartphones for a living at I find it much much easier to teach an HTC One, or even an LG G2 to a new smartphone user than a Samsung. Smartphone virgins seem to have a much harder time conceptually understanding all the hidden menus and getting familiar with when you tap vs when you hold vs when you drag, etc, on Touchwiz than any other Android system in my experience. I know this wouldn't be the case with people who are familiar with smartphones, but when I want to measure how well an OS "fits together", I do it through the eyes of a Smartphone virgin, and Touchwiz fails in that respect. Even harder than BB10!
    Which is expected. They don't expect everyone to enable everything on the phone. They expect different people to enable different things that they find useful on the phone. This allows their phone to appeal to the broadest base of users, requirements, and use cases. This means that while one user may find air gestures useless, they may find the S Pen extremely useful and since Samsung is the only OEM to release a decent device with an S Pen at that form factor, they win that user by default.

Feature Bloat only matters when the features are on by default with no way to disable them (Blinkfeed and My Magazine does fit that category). But when you can disable them the only reason to complain about them is simply to bash the device or because you cannot allow yourself to not be tunnel visioned into feeling that "being there" means you *must* use it.

Samsung, HTC, Blackberry, Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, LG, Sony... None of those OEMs expect every user to use every feature on their devices or in their operating systems. Broad feature sets exist to cater to all types of users, not to force users into using every feature. This is precicely why there are toggles for these features. So you can turn off the ones you don't want/need/use and forget about them.
    03-29-14 11:47 PM
    Because perception and lack of marketing !!!! It has nothing to do with the devices themselves !!! And everything to do of how people see BlackBerry...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Why is "they don't want one" never a good enough reason for you people to understand and digest?
    03-29-14 11:50 PM
    IPhone 5s is weak in many areas and Moto X was released near the same time as the Z30 both of which use the same SoC..... so no the consumer doesn't know much...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    The Moto X is a mid-range device, not a high end flagship.
    03-29-14 11:58 PM
    Why is "they don't want one" never a good enough reason for you people to understand and digest?
    Because there isn't a equal amount of coverage in your face ads or any kind of knowledge on the new platform. All these opinions are based on BB7 in the most part.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    johnnyuk likes this.
    03-30-14 12:01 AM
    People want iPhone because it is simple to use, it does what they want, and if any family or friends find a cool app that is fun and enjoyable they can play along. This isn't them being a sheep or not having their own opinions. Everyday consumers just want their phones to work and to be able to connect with their loved ones. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

For enterprise (I'm not talking just solely governments and regulated industries), iPhone allows them to create apps that work within their system. There are a ton of business apps available on iPhone. I work in the healthcare industry and the hospital I work for fully transitioned everyone to iPhone from blackberry this year. They decided not to upgrade to BES10 nor purchase any BB10 devices. The doctors, nurses, residents, and other health professionals have access to very useful medical apps. Additionally, there is also the Apple customer service experience that also keeps people with the brand.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    TGR1 likes this.
    03-30-14 12:46 AM
    I feel that a lot of the people upgrading from BlackBerry to another phone are OS7 users

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you, they have to try the BlackBerry 10 OS and judge for themselves.

Posted with my Q10 via CB10
    03-30-14 01:15 AM
    The Moto X is a mid-range device, not a high end flagship.
    The Moto X is a high end flagship. Don't just pay attention to the specs. A good number of AC readers suggest it all the time for anyone who wants a good android phone and it is often suggested over the much lauded Nexus 5.

03-30-14 07:32 AM
    Because there isn't a equal amount of coverage in your face ads or any kind of knowledge on the new platform. All these opinions are based on BB7 in the most part.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    And that opinion of BB7 (or more accurately legacy BBOS) is very poor. That reason, even more than a lack of marketing, is a primary reason why many people are staying away from BB10 devices. I think in many people's minds BBOS legacy devices were vastly inferior to iOS and Android devices that were direct competitors in the 2008/2009 to 2012 time frame.
    Dave Bourque and mnc76 like this.
    03-30-14 08:23 AM
127 ... 3456