http://www.berryreview.com/2013/08/2...orld-app-wall/

Just read this and for a company that's being smashed everyday for not having an ecosystem, why would you not let this go through?

If it's true that I can do what the article says and get all those apps...man...wow...

JayZ10
    08-21-13 09:37 PM
    Article is just somebodies opinion with nothing concrete to back it up.
    08-21-13 09:44 PM
    I see both pros and cons. Security possibly being the biggest negative. Regardless, it's interesting they chose to not allow OTA installations when it was easily done on legacy OSes. In fact, it was quite popular with, say, people without App World access who might have needed to download an official app or two. I can't remember how many people I must have sent to rroyy's website.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    08-21-13 09:44 PM
    Article is just somebodies opinion with nothing concrete to back it up.
    So are you of the opinion that OTA installations from third party sources are possible?
    08-21-13 09:47 PM
    I don't think BBRY can take other people's apps and redistribute them without their permission, even if the apps are free. It's basic copyright violation.
    08-21-13 09:48 PM
    I don't think BBRY can take other people's apps and redistribute them without their permission, even if the apps are free. It's basic copyright violation.
    I don't think that is what the article is saying. It's saying that you can install apps from outside of BB World if they provide you with one. The problem is BlackBerry won't get a piece of the action. But it's a small price to pay to get your devices out there. And when there's enough of them in the wild apps developers will develop apps.

JayZ10
    08-21-13 09:54 PM
    I see both pros and cons. Security possibly being the biggest negative. Regardless, it's interesting they chose to not allow OTA installations when it was easily done on legacy OSes. In fact, it was quite popular with, say, people without App World access who might have needed to download an official app or two. I can't remember how many people I must have sent to rroyy's website.
    There are cons but let the users decide for themselves. Either that or have one app developer create 47k apps...seriously if this is possible they would be selling a lot more phones.

JayZ10
    08-21-13 09:56 PM