Well I am on my way to chicago for acouple day..since I'm not driving I figured I'd log in to CB. Been a member for awhile and log in atleast 4times a day(ok more than that)and often I see this comment "read the manual" when some one is asking for help. It really eerks me! For acouple reasons. Example: I want to transfer photos to a PC via wifi or usb..and don't know how..that manual does not give step by step directions..and or a great deal of information if said method was writting in the manual. And 2..if I were to post a question on how to do this..obv. I have gone through the manaul to look for answers..so why be ignorant when replying to a post? Anyways its 630 or so in the a.m and still alil cranky(lack of coffee)so I came here to post some of my "anger" thanks for reading
    03-29-12 05:44 AM
    The RTFM answer is not at all helpful to anyone except the poster. I do read the manuals and I know how inadequate they tend to be, especially in the deeper technical areas. I see many here who are quick to say "Use the search function" or "RTFM" without offering a shred of assistance. That tells me they just don't know the answer.

Hope ya find your coffee soon...
    03-29-12 07:04 AM
    Well I am on my way to chicago for acouple day..since I'm not driving I figured I'd log in to CB. Been a member for awhile and log in atleast 4times a day(ok more than that)and often I see this comment "read the manual" when some one is asking for help. It really eerks me! For acouple reasons. Example: I want to transfer photos to a PC via wifi or usb..and don't know how..that manual does not give step by step directions..and or a great deal of information if said method was writting in the manual. And 2..if I were to post a question on how to do this..obv. I have gone through the manaul to look for answers..so why be ignorant when replying to a post? Anyways its 630 or so in the a.m and still alil cranky(lack of coffee)so I came here to post some of my "anger" thanks for reading

LOL!

Just ask me

I have no life and am always happy to help anyone even if my boss is angrily calling me.

Ok not that dedicated.

Hope you find your coffee soon!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342
    03-29-12 07:20 AM
    People need to learn how to research problems and help themselves instead of relying on strangers on the internet to hold their hands and spoon feed them solutions.

A lot of people will post questions or problems that have been literally posted about 100s if not thousands of time. Using the search function would probably resolve their issues within minutes.

Also most people post about their bb issues without posting anything about any research or troubleshooting they might have done.

So yeah; if someone posts: "help! My dohicky is broken!" and its an issue that had beenposted about often, then I will reply with rtfm or use the search.

If however someone posts: "my thingy stopped woking, I tried a battery pull and all the steps I found in these posts." then I would be more likely to help out.

Stop whining and being emo. Highschool is over. I will not repeat words that have been posted over and over again because you can't be bothered to help yourself and do a little research.

Show me that you've tried but have become stumped then I will jump in and help.

I will help out when needed but I won't do the initial grunt work for you.

Now if you had done your research you would know this subject has been discussed before...
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    03-29-12 07:27 AM
    The RTFM answer is not at all helpful to anyone except the poster. I do read the manuals and I know how inadequate they tend to be, especially in the deeper technical areas. I see many here who are quick to say "Use the search function" or "RTFM" without offering a shred of assistance. That tells me they just don't know the answer.

Hope ya find your coffee soon...
    I agree 100%....and yes I did find coffee
    03-29-12 07:30 AM
    People need to learn how to research problems and help themselves instead of relying on strangers on the internet to hold their hands and spoon feed them solutions.

A lot of people will post questions or problems that have been literally posted about 100s if not thousands of time. Using the search function would probably resolve their issues within minutes.

Also most people post about their bb issues without posting anything about any research or troubleshooting they might have done.

So yeah; if someone posts: "help! My dohicky is broken!" and its an issue that had beenposted about often, then I will reply with rtfm or use the search.

If however someone posts: "my thingy stopped woking, I tried a battery pull and all the steps I found in these posts." then I would be more likely to help out.

Stop whining and being emo. Highschool is over. I will not repeat words that have been posted over and over again because you can't be bothered to help yourself and do a little research.

Show me that you've tried but have become stumped then I will jump in and help.

I will help out when needed but I won't do the initial grunt work for you.

Now if you had done your research you would know this subject has been discussed before...
    I agree with some of what you said.
    And some it is you being ignorant..alot of people spur of the moent when their phone is becoming un useable during a importand circumstance..the won't think "hey let search crackberry foe 20+ min and possible not find a solution" feel how you want about the situation at hand..but logicaly creating a new thread is the best way. If you feel like you're "repeating" yourself don't respond. Pretty simple.
    03-29-12 07:38 AM
    I definitely understand what the OP is talking about. Those "manuals" are not really good at tech stuff, but on the other hand ALOT of members ask questions to problems without doing a search of the problem first, not realizing that a solution is waiting for them if they had done a search first. Now there are problems that are rare, and need to be posted so help can be given. Remember this is an open forum and unfortunately everyone isn't going to be.......considerate
    03-29-12 07:43 AM
    Best bet if you see a thread asking for help, that has been repeated over and over is to just move on. If you feel the urge to tell them to RTFM, or USE SEARCH, then it's probably best that you just move along and let those of us who are willing help the person.
    03-29-12 07:53 AM
    I can agree. Sometimes I can search for something and read several of the threads that come up and still never find an answer to what you're looking for. Maybe it is me and I'm not using the right search words but it can be frustrating.

Even when starting a new thread and looking at all of the suggested threads with a similar topic none of them have the answer.
    03-29-12 07:58 AM
    I can agree. Sometimes I can search for something and read several of the threads that come up and still never find an answer to what you're looking for. Maybe it is me and I'm not using the right search words but it can be frustrating.

Even when starting a new thread and looking at all of the suggested threads with a similar topic none of them have the answer.
    A lot of times that why topics are repeated..most ppl will search and actually atempt to find that answer with no luck..I'm guilty of it on more than one occasion..plus there is like abillion threads/post..who's has time to search through everything
    03-29-12 08:06 AM
    A handy tool for the helpful among us is to click on Search and then Find Unanswered threads.

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=32347463
    03-29-12 08:08 AM
    It doesn't bother me, if i can help then I help. I can recall on several occasions posting the same answer on different threads to the same questions. Sometimes those same questions can be answered with a easier solution from different members, so I don't mind reading the different response to the same questions. It's all a learning process so I can understand my device even better. That's how I look at it anyways
    03-29-12 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD