I know of all the problems Hotmail has and I looked at a few of the "similar threads" but didn't find much a solution.

For those of you that have a Hotmail connected account, when you read an email on your BB, does it show up as read when you check the Hotmail account on a PC?
    10-13-10 09:51 AM
    Yes does for me.
    10-13-10 11:24 AM
    I know of all the problems Hotmail has and I looked at a few of the "similar threads" but didn't find much a solution.

For those of you that have a Hotmail connected account, when you read an email on your BB, does it show up as read when you check the Hotmail account on a PC?
    Mine did...but I noticed today everything I had read on my phone recently was still "unread" in my hotmail account.
    Annoying!
    10-13-10 03:46 PM

If read email on your bb it will mark it read on the server
    But you will need to refresh your PC mail for it to update this on your pc
    And if you read email on your pc/server it will NOT mark read on your BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 06:39 PM
    Mine used to...then I got a new BB last week and since re-initiating my accounts, it no longer marks as read on the hotmail site. Maybe it's the latest BIS update?
    10-20-10 06:28 PM
    From your Messages folder, Menu/Options/Email Reconciliation. Make sure Wireless Reconciliation is set to Yes. Be sure and set it for each email account from the pull down list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-10 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD