I tried searching to see if question was asked already so forgive me if this is redundant.

Is there any crack out there, or trick, that allows a person to read a Blackberry Messenger message and NOT have the originating party see the status of that message turn from "D" to "R" on their end?
    12-16-08 02:37 PM
    I don't think so in BB messenger. You can turn off read receipts in SMS MMS. But not BBM as far as I am aware.
    12-16-08 02:43 PM
    If you open a convo with another contact it will show what the other contact has sent to you. Dont know if it verifies "R" or not. I dont think it does tho as long as the smiley doesnt turn blue its considered unread.

HTH
    12-16-08 02:46 PM
    If you open a convo with another contact it will show what the other contact has sent to you. Dont know if it verifies "R" or not. I dont think it does tho as long as the smiley doesnt turn blue its considered unread.

HTH
    It doesn't verify "R." Actually I used to use this method on my Curve a lot. But now on my Bold, it'll only show me what other contact has messaged me, but it won't show the message.
    12-16-08 02:50 PM
    I'm not sure if there's "legit" way of doing it but I found a trick,

when you see that you've received a message, go in your main MAIL application.
    You will be able to see the beginning (depending on how big your fonts are) of the messenger message without changing its read status...

I'd like to know though if there are any ways for this as it seems a bit intrusive since the user has no control on the status of the message that's on HIS blackberry
    12-16-08 03:42 PM
    bump______________
    12-18-08 10:12 AM
    If you read the message in BBM, the other person will know it...
    12-18-08 10:16 AM

HTH
    This^ is what I do

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 11:43 AM
    I can see, say if Im in a convo with someone, and someone else has sent me a BBM, I can scroll down the botttom of the original convo and see whats written from BBM # 2 lol I do it alot.
    12-18-08 12:45 PM
    I can see, say if Im in a convo with someone, and someone else has sent me a BBM, I can scroll down the botttom of the original convo and see whats written from BBM # 2 lol I do it alot.
    ::::deletes rachel from BBM:::: Hahahaha.....
    12-18-08 12:48 PM
    LOL YOURS is the convo I use to check others hahaha You come in handy.
    12-18-08 12:56 PM
    Well, thanks alot i guess!
    12-18-08 12:58 PM
    LOL awwww, c'mon now
    12-18-08 12:59 PM

HTH
    That was a good trick, doesn't work on the Bold tho. The Bold will just show that someone has sent a msg but it won't preview the msg.

I'm not sure if there's "legit" way of doing it but I found a trick,

when you see that you've received a message, go in your main MAIL application.
    You will be able to see the beginning (depending on how big your fonts are) of the messenger message without changing its read status...

This is the only way, which sucks because you only get a snippet AND that snippet is only of the last message sent, if someone breaks up the message between a few lines, you only get the last. With the curve, you'll get a preview of each line...
    12-18-08 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD