Yesterday my corporate-issued blackberry (< 1 week old) was not connecting to the network (Verizon) properly. Link is only used to push software updates not sync / backup files. At some point corporate tech support tells me I may as well just wipe the machine and re-initialize, which actually solved the problem. Yeah, it would have been great if they pointed out the gotcha but what's done is done. It's really just a stray personal photo or two that I care about so can't get bent out of shape over it.

New problem is the SD card (which still has the old files) appears to be tied to encryption from the prior instance of the phone. Same device, but for all intents and purposes a new machine from an encryption standpoint is my understanding.

So you know what question I will ask, with a nuance:

If I know the encryption password that I provided does that make file recovery off the micro SD card possible at all, or is it no easier. Figured I'd ask this before moving on with my life!
    05-11-15 12:55 PM
    Time for some new memories my friend. The encryption key was wiped away when the device was wiped. So even knowing the password won't help because you essentially don't have the key anymore.
    05-11-15 01:17 PM
    File encryption for that SD card is basically lost. You not only needed the password you set, but the encryption keys set by the BlackBerry device while on the old boot of the OS (before the wipe).

The only possible, (and this is a 0.001% chance) way of retriving that data since you know the password used for encryption, is sophisticated hacking software that could decode the encryption from your password. (This is why I said 0.001%)
    05-11-15 01:19 PM