Mr Gillenwater will be exiting his position with RIM on July 13, 2012. I hope he is leaving for personal reasons and not just because of the lack of organization from RIM. He is being replaced by the Aussie marketing director Matthew Ball.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian
    07-11-12 06:57 AM
    Good luck to him and his future position(s).

Does this mean there will be more "wake up" type campaigns across the globe?
    07-11-12 07:02 AM

Does this mean there will be more "wake up" type campaigns across the globe?
    That was a terrible idea - why would they want to repeat it?
    07-11-12 07:12 AM
    If they were able to actually use that to RELEASE a product it would have been quite an interesting campaign.
    07-11-12 07:16 AM
    If they were able to actually use that to RELEASE a product it would have been quite an interesting campaign.
    Sure but they didn't - and you shouldn't revisit something that didn't work.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    07-11-12 07:28 AM
    Just like the old adage, "try, don't try again."
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    07-11-12 07:37 AM
    This guy has been responsible for the ads? If so good riddance.
    07-11-12 07:59 AM
    I didn't like it either, especially because they had nothing to launch with it. I am just wondering if we should expect the same type of marketing since this guy is now promoted.
    07-11-12 08:04 AM
    Just like the old adage, "try, don't try again."
    Both very correct. It generated quite a bit of buzz, then crashed and burned when no product was available.
    07-11-12 09:54 AM
    This guy has been responsible for the ads? If so good riddance.
    I disagree. It was a super sucsesfull campain. Everyone around the world knew about it.....but then it crashed because it was a big leadup to nothing.....Had it lead to BB10 or something big it would have been super sucsessfull.
    07-11-12 02:25 PM
    I disagree. It was a super sucsesfull campain. Everyone around the world knew about it.....but then it crashed because it was a big leadup to nothing.....Had it lead to BB10 or something big it would have been super sucsessfull.
    so which is it, i cant be "super successful" and "crash" at the same time.
    amazinglygraceless and avt123 like this.
    07-11-12 02:37 PM
    I think he means successful in generating buzz and media interest but failed when people realized it was pointless.
    mithrazor likes this.
    07-11-12 04:42 PM
    All the "buzz" was about how idiotic the words "wake up" are coming from RIM.
    07-12-12 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD