12-25-08 11:08 AM
54 123
tools
    Man; the phone is the least of the uses I have for my BB. I hate talking on the phone as a rule.

I've heard the BB is just not as developer-friendly as the iPhone: less-handy API, not as much information available, not amenable to support for the more popular mobile development environments like JAVA, and so on. I wonder whether any developers could weigh in on that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 11:05 PM
    I wonder whether any developers could weigh in on that?
    I have a sense you may regret asking for that. Hopefully I am wrong
    12-24-08 11:58 PM
    If you can download a song for 99 cents then there is no way the vast majority of these apps that do simple things should be more than 1-2 dollars.

That is a very arguable point well thought up mate. Its kind of apples to oranges but still relevant as both can take the same amount of time and effort to come up with and create. With one exception it costs significantly more money to produce a song then a simple program for a BB.

I am a firm believer in the fact that if something is free, it has no perceived value. I would rather pay for an app that works flawlessly and effectively than download a free app that is full of bugs or does not do the intended tasks.

In all honestly that's an oxymoron in the programming community. No program on the planet is without bugs or errors. Its just half the time you will never notice them. Search and try hard enough and eventually a bug will come up in any software possibly made. The cost of the product doesn't determine whether it will have more bugs or errors in the code. In all honestly its the love the programmer puts into his piece, his art because that is exactly what he is an artist in a digital world. I have seen programs that cost $50 for the PC run like crap and freeware versions run outstanding. Anti-Virus programs anyone and Systematic/McAfee taking a dump? That ideal thought you have is way too cliche.

I agree with you on the coffee part though .
    Last edited by Bison; 12-25-08 at 12:36 AM.
    12-25-08 12:31 AM
    Fair enough... As a new crack user, my perception is that BB is not a tool of the masses. I've seen them more and more while travelling, up signifigantly over the last 12 months anecdotally. But in general, it's biz users not the masses as in the Apple product.
    But RIM is trying to push into that market - that is part of the idea behind the storm.

Also, Apple is making efforts to make the iphone more attractive to business users and hence cut into RIM's bread and butter market. RIM will only go out of business if they just try to cling to their business users as apple and google eat away at their market.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 11:08 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD