Hi everyone,

Here’s a quick one to consider for you. I noticed in Kevin’s review of the latest Blackberry Bold 9780 he refers to the Blackberry Bold 9000 as the “Cadillac” of RIM’s phones.

I still own my Bold and I managed to purchase a second one when my first one died and even though I was offered an upgrade by my department, I chose to stay with what I knew and loved.

I have road tested the latest devices and while the OS upgrades are welcome I still cant go past the 9000 for its size, ease of email (it is by far the best device I have ever typed upon) and its email management ability is second to none. Its also damn reliable and I hate the touch pad replacing the track ball. I know the trackballs get dirty and dodgy etc - the last one on mine did - but I kept it clean with alcohol cleaner and it served me well. It was and still is a superior way to transverse the screen on any RIM device IMO.

Also - the screen is large, luxurious and sharp - something which new devices seem to lack and its size is just right for my “Corporate Man Hands”.

When I’m at a meeting and I bust out my Bold 9000 I love how it makes the new RIM products look like namby pamby phones... Its big, BOLD and tough looking at it means BUSINESS - which is what I like the most about it.

Plus you cant get it anymore - which makes it even better.

So -

Which RIM phone did you enjoy the most? I know many of you have been using RIM products since their inception out there in corporate email land. Which one did you enjoy the most, miss the most and why?

Do any of you still rock the Bold 9000 even when given the option of the upgrade?

I really wish RIM would go back to its design ethic of big, brutish phones designed for corporate war.

This was and I hope will always be their strongest points.

I don’t know why they would want to compete with say the iPhone or that pathetic excuse for a phone - Android whatever....its called....

My Blackberry has always been a productivity work horse, the thought of playing media / social networking is fine - but it shouldn’t be its core function.

By slowly changing its core business, RIM is alienating the users who made it great in the first place.
    Last edited by _Quark_; 11-09-10 at 09:49 PM.
    11-09-10 09:34 PM
    You're not the only one who thinks this way...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/pet...e-sign-485717/
    11-09-10 09:46 PM
    You raise a lot of good points, but I think that the Bold line got a little smaller to accommodate a wider range of people. I remember when the bold was first released, there were just as many people complaining about the size as praising it for its size. I too would love to see a 9000 refresh. But I'm starting to think that it isn't going to happen. We will see what next year brings. But to be fair, the 9700 is a great device and the size doesn't make it any less powerful or durable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 09:46 PM
    You're not the only one who thinks this way...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/pet...e-sign-485717/
    X2. Soon the BB devices will be smaller than they are already... The i-Phone is now huge by comparison.

11-09-10 09:56 PM
    You raise a lot of good points, but I think that the Bold line got a little smaller to accommodate a wider range of people. I remember when the bold was first released, there were just as many people complaining about the size as praising it for its size. I too would love to see a 9000 refresh. But I'm starting to think that it isn't going to happen. We will see what next year brings. But to be fair, the 9700 is a great device and the size doesn't make it any less powerful or durable.

There are plenty of mousy devices to choose from - there is (was) only one 9000 - the original Bold.

RIP???

11-09-10 09:59 PM
    Yeah the 9000 had/has an outstanding look about it as well. It just gives off the power vibe for sure. Its form factor will probably go down as one of the greatest ever for any phone.

11-09-10 10:06 PM
    Oh how i wish my 9700 was as big as the 9000
    i see my brother 9000 and i love the size but thats about it
    the trackpad is amazing on the bold oh and the screen
    11-09-10 10:26 PM
    I agree with you about everything except your thoughts on the trackball. I think the trackpad is superior by a long shot. RIP trackball. With that said, the Bold 9000 size is the perfect size I think. A refresh with a touch screen and the latest specs would make many people salivate. I know I'd grab one.
    11-09-10 10:45 PM
    I agree with you about everything except your thoughts on the trackball. I think the trackpad is superior by a long shot. RIP trackball. With that said, the Bold 9000 size is the perfect size I think. A refresh with a touch screen and the latest specs would make many people salivate. I know I'd grab one.
    I don't think reaching up to the touch screen every 10 seconds would be a pleasant idea. I'd stick with Bold line style and let the Torch handle the keyboard + touchscreen and trackpad

11-09-10 11:52 PM
    when i had the 9000 for a while, i thought it was too big. i know many agree and disagree with me, but different strokes for different folks. i personally like my 9700 form factor and size.
    11-10-10 12:12 AM
    Definitely different strokes for different folks. The 9000 is my least loved personal phone (the Tour was my least loved work phone) because it was just TOO B-I-G!!! It didn't feel right at all. I remember taking the SIM card out and putting it back on my little 8310 every few days, I missed it so much. Plus the memory leaks drove me nuts.
    I jumped on the 9700 the instant it became available...bought it online 18 minutes after it showed up on the AT&T website.

11-10-10 03:21 AM
    I bought a new blcakberry 9800.But I found it not very well.My friend recommend me to buy a iphone 4 .But I have won't put blackberry 9800 be thrown away, so I feel very vexed.
    Obvious spammer!

11-10-10 04:35 AM
    Another 9k lover here, it still does everything the 9700 does with a bigger screen and awesome keyboard and was never an option for me.

I went 18mths out of contract to stay with my 2 year old bold as there was nothing better on the market I liked more and wanted to change too. It's a shame RIM never came with anything better to replace it with this year, maybe next year as it has me road testing other devices for now.
    11-10-10 06:46 PM
    Another 9k lover here, it still does everything the 9700 does with a bigger screen and awesome keyboard and was never an option for me.

I went 18mths out of contract to stay with my 2 year old bold as there was nothing better on the market I liked more and wanted to change too. It's a shame RIM never came with anything better to replace it with this year, maybe next year as it has me road testing other devices for now.
    Yep - stinks as it seems to be a dead device. Not much interest from RIM to refresh.

11-10-10 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD