I expect BlackBerry will be forced to write off the majority BB10 devices in their inventory due to their lack of real support and no future roadmap commitment (like a commitment from BlackBerry is worth much anyways given their history of abandonment).
    Probably not. They do not want to write those phones off; which is why they are still for sale and why there is the fiction of 10.3.4.
    Eventually BB10 phones will be gone or maybe now that there are three Android models (with a possible future fourth) demand will be low enough that it will be pointless to continue.
    11-20-16 04:52 PM
    Probably not. They do not want to write those phones off; which is why they are still for sale and why there is the fiction of 10.3.4.
    Eventually BB10 phones will be gone or maybe now that there are three Android models (with a possible future fourth) demand will be low enough that it will be pointless to continue.
    Which 3 models?
    11-20-16 06:57 PM
    I'' join the RANT as far as BLEND goes. I still use my Z30 with Blend to feed my laptop and computer. But I'm on vacation So did not bring the Z30 along. While sitting at my laptop and my phone chimes/beeps/alerts, I sorely miss glacncing at BLEND and seeing what's happening without having to reach in my pocket, wake and unlock the Priv.

Sad that BB, a SOFTWARE company now can't create, that is PROGRAM SOFTWARE, to create a new Blend
    Just got home from vacation and what a relief as I fired up the Win computer and opened Blend and there was the Z30 (on its Tylt Qi charger) with a full screen showing my emails and BBM groups and my calendar events (queued in the upper right corner). My Contacts a keyclick away.....

What a disappointment that BB did not carry through with it on the Priv/etc for Android.
    acovey likes this.
    11-20-16 08:47 PM
    What a disappointment that BB did not carry through with it on the Priv/etc for Android.
    Android might be getting something similar to Blend. I can't find the article but I saw on Ars that some sort of Android/PC desktop integration feature kind of like Blend was coming, but IIRC it's in the early stages and probably would be quite a while.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-20-16 09:48 PM
    Must be nice for those whose devices are running flawlessly. I do love my Passport but there are definitely bugs. For example, the native Maps app freezes the phone almost every time I launch it. About 30 seconds after launch, everything will freeze up for about 10 - 15 seconds.
    Also, there's a bug where if you're roaming and reply to a long email, the device will ask if you want to download the full message before sending. If you say yes and happen to have attached a file to the email, the file does not go through but the email does.
    Another bug - out of office replies for Exchange: no option to send the auto reply to everyone who sends me an email. It defaults to sending only to those in my Exchange address book. I always have to find a PC to make the correction.

So yes, I guess I agree with the OP. Don't sell devices unless you're going to support them because it will only annoy your customers.
    cribble2k and acovey like this.
    11-20-16 09:58 PM
    I'' join the RANT as far as BLEND goes. I still use my Z30 with Blend to feed my laptop and computer. But I'm on vacation So did not bring the Z30 along. While sitting at my laptop and my phone chimes/beeps/alerts, I sorely miss glacncing at BLEND and seeing what's happening without having to reach in my pocket, wake and unlock the Priv.

Sad that BB, a SOFTWARE company now can't create, that is PROGRAM SOFTWARE, to create a new Blend
    Since you mentioned Priv, the Android equivalent of Blend is Pushbullet.
    11-21-16 01:06 AM
    I wish BlackBerry haven't made this decision. Bb10 is so good an OS. Never think the devices running in bb10 are not made by BlackBerry. It's a pity.

Posted via CB10 with passport SE.
    11-21-16 01:09 AM
    Pushbullet is crap.
    11-21-16 01:47 AM
    What ever I guess I wish we could still get the pre Chen phones.

#luvmybb10os
    Maybe, a truly Z50 (BlackBerry knight in its time), and a Q30 (don't even mention the Classic nor passport!!) could be cool, but it won't sell even for niche market heh

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 03:09 AM
    BlackBerry is in the business of selling software and hardware. Products come and go. Even though BB10 is EOL, there is still BlackBerry 10 hardware left to sell and those phones work just fine with BB10 as it is.
    I'm replying to your post because I see it's popular and probably represents the majority opinion here.

If Chairman Chen and his minions had come out and said that BB10 was EOL, then your point would be valid.

But he and his acolytes are hedging their bets and claiming that BB10 is still supported; there might even be a new BB10 handset they say, when all the people who voted you up know that that is total BS. And the little caveats - such as the old announcement that there will be no updates to the Android Runtime, version of QT etc - are neatly hidden away to everyone except a few CrackBerry members.

The overall result is that BlackBerry is still trying to sell a race horse to the public, while hiding the fact that it's actually a dead horse.

It's his, and BlackBerry's, deception and broken promises that are the issue, not the fact that BlackBerry still has inventory to clear out asap.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    11-21-16 04:59 AM
    I'm replying to your post because I see it's popular and probably represents the majority opinion here.

If Chairman Chen and his minions had come out and said that BB10 was EOL, then your point would be valid.

But he and his acolytes are hedging their bets and claiming that BB10 is still supported; there might even be a new BB10 handset they say, when all the people who voted you up know that that is total BS. And the little caveats - such as the old announcement that there will be no updates to the Android Runtime, version of QT etc - are neatly hidden away to everyone except a few CrackBerry members.

The overall result is that BlackBerry is still trying to sell a race horse to the public, while hiding the fact that it's actually a dead horse.

It's his, and BlackBerry's, deception and broken promises that are the issue, not the fact that BlackBerry still has inventory to clear out asap.
    Like. (Because the like button is broken.)
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    11-21-16 06:22 AM
    Since you mentioned Priv, the Android equivalent of Blend is Pushbullet.
    If I recall, you had to share the info with their service or the Cloud. BLEND was strictly confined to the two devices (bb10 device and computer) and not shared elsewhere. When the connection was severed, the data was no longer even on the computer, so pretty secure.

Then there's the comment below - someone does not like it!!!
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-21-16 09:34 AM
    I have not heard BlackBerry said they were actively trying to license BB10. The comments I have heard is that one or two companies asked if BlackBerry was interested and they said yes they were open to licensing BB10. Before any company does a deal there is tons of disclosure work. Questions on the roadmap, update plans, and with BB10 there are two huge elephants in the room. One is hardware support. BB10 only has drivers for older chip sets. The second problem is development. Most of the BB10 team was let go quite a while ago. BlackBerry does not have the resources to actively develop BB10.
    I think their only hope is to forget BB10 and start selling BB suite to android and especially iphone users. Iphone mail app sucks big time, so much that I deleted it from my iphone. Outlook is better but still not as good as bb hub.
    11-21-16 10:13 AM
    As long as I can use my BlackBerry10 device as I can use it now.
    I see no reason to move away from my BlackBerry.

Hope that the old Facebook app keeps working (still didn't upgrade) and WhatsApp somehow will work beyond June '17.
    If that's the case - I'm happy!

I love my Passport!
    (also my Z10, Classic and Leap - which I use as my "weekend" devices)!

Just let OS10 working as it is!

And if it will stop working - I will move away from the whole brand.

That whole DTek-software thing is a bit of a joke to me.
    BlackBerry acts as if they brought app permissions to Android.
    All those actions are able on all Androids, if you know how to use settings on a "normal" Android device.

Posted via CB10
    fishlove73 likes this.
    11-21-16 10:49 AM
    How can a company who doesn't really support its own operating system then EOL s its arguable most important software -Blackberry Blend-still be selling 3 bb10 phones on its website? Please BlackBerry can you take your head out of your collective arses and either support bb10 with regular updates and advertising or can the whole bb10 thing stop selling bb10 phones and concentrate on Android

Posted via CB10
    It's called liquidation. Selling useless junk is still a legit business.
    11-21-16 12:50 PM
    And screwing the customer. Bad business
    acovey likes this.
    11-21-16 12:53 PM
    Unfortunately for BlackBerry10, There will be no future without whatsapp's support for the platform.

It's a pity but whatsapp is the world's most common messenger even if some of you don't feel the need to use it, in most cases if you don't use it you are cut off the social mainstream...

So I hope that BlackBerry is going to do something before July 2017 if it's going to support its own operating system...

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 01:04 PM
    It's called liquidation. Selling useless junk is still a legit business.
    Agreed --- as long as they are honest and upfront about it.
    11-21-16 01:27 PM
    One user's "useless junk" might be another user's treasure. Honestly, who buys a BB10 device without some minimal research? How hard is it to find strengths & weaknesses of BB10 before purchase? I just bought another Classic, yesterday, FULLY aware of its weaknesses. And am grateful for the availability! I, personally, consider everything lacking trackpad to be "useless junk". Different strokes, ya kno. Lol.
    11-21-16 02:34 PM
    Honestly, who buys a BB10 device without some minimal research? How hard is it to find strengths & weaknesses of BB10 before purchase?
    You'd be surprised.
    11-21-16 02:46 PM
    One user's "useless junk" might be another user's treasure. Honestly, who buys a BB10 device without some minimal research? How hard is it to find strengths & weaknesses of BB10 before purchase? I just bought another Classic, yesterday, FULLY aware of its weaknesses. And am grateful for the availability! I, personally, consider everything lacking trackpad to be "useless junk". Different strokes, ya kno. Lol.
    Iphone 7 has the k-board track pad
    idssteve likes this.
    11-21-16 02:47 PM

That whole DTek-software thing is a bit of a joke to me.
    BlackBerry acts as if they brought app permissions to Android.
    All those actions are able on all Androids, if you know how to use settings on a "normal" Android device.

Posted via CB10
    DTEK is not about denying permissions (although it takes you to the settings when you want to), it's about monitoring the permissions that apps actually use. Just a tiny example is that you can set DTEK to tell you if anything tries to access your microphone. Then you can turn the permission off, or uninstall the app completely.

DTEK is also the face of BlackBerry integrity detection, constantly running tests on the OS to warn you of changes to the system files.
    11-21-16 02:56 PM
    Agreed --- as long as they are honest and upfront about it.
    I keep reading here how great the devices are and how people keep buying the phones. I doubt many if any are sold to new buyers who don't know the issues with BB10. If they buy without doing a basic Web search that is their problem.
    11-21-16 03:08 PM
    "DTEK is also the face of BlackBerry integrity detection, constantly running tests on the OS to warn you of changes to the system files."

And I read that dtek doesn't give accurate reading
    11-21-16 03:26 PM
    The Dutch ShopBlackBerry also has the Black Friday discounts. But the funny thing is that the only BB10 device that is cheaper than the DTEK50, with the discounts, is the the Leap...

BlackBerry Z10, the way to go!
    11-21-16 03:30 PM
157 1234 ...