Okay so I just got my 8330 curve last week. Took me a minute to learn how to use it, but I LOVE it now. Two questions...

In a text conversation, it says the correct time I sent it. When I receive it back, it shows the time as an hour earlier than it really is. How can I fix this? Like for example...
    8:03 Tabitha says...
    7:05 John says... (when it was really sent at 8:05)
    8:05 Tabitha says...
    7:06 John says....

Okay next question, if I put it on vibrate, it says all the ppl I have as personalized ringtones will still ring.. is that correct? If so, can I change it?
    And is there a really quick way to put it on vibrate instead of going to profile settings and all that on the main menu. Like, is there a button to do this?

Okay thanks in advance for your help ya'll!
    02-14-09 10:58 PM
    I'm not sure about your first question...hopefully others can assist.

If you put your profile on vibrate, it should vibrate for everything regardless if you have personalized ringtones. You can also setup a custom profile if you prefer. for example, vibrate for SMS text and email but ring for phone calls.

I changed my phones left side shortcut key to bring up Profiles but there is no other shortcut I'm aware of.

Hope this helps

EDIT: Try this thread for Vibrate/Ring options: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/pro...estion-158657/

This sounds similar to your issue.
    Last edited by simp_10; 02-15-09 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Other Vibrate/Ring options
    02-14-09 11:12 PM
    I know there is a setting in which no matter what you put it on specific numbers will ring. Hopefully someone can help me out here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 03:23 AM
    With home screen calling off press the f key, it's the curve shortcut to profiles.

As for your first question check your date/time under options and make sure its all synched up to the network, I had similar problems a few months ago where my sms would post the wrong time. the phone wasn't accepting the networks time and date. A quick battery pull had me rockin back normal with that one.
    02-15-09 03:36 AM
    I could be wrong here, but I think if you configure exceptions in your vibrate profile, the exceptions will override and still ring if they are so configured.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 08:25 AM
    for your first question...maybe try a battery pull? if that doesn't work, then i don't know where to go from there. if this is really a bother, you might be able to do an exchange with verizon since you just got it last week. good luck!
    02-15-09 04:12 PM
    about your first question... is your friend John in a different timezone? ie you're on eastern standard time and he's on central? when i talk to my friends in california, the timestamp on our messages go like this:

joey 10:00: hey
    david 7:01: how's it going?
    joey 10:02: good thanks, and you?
    david 7:03: great.

if that's not it, then i'm not sure why, sorry!
    02-15-09 05:10 PM
    about your first question... is your friend John in a different timezone? ie you're on eastern standard time and he's on central? when i talk to my friends in california, the timestamp on our messages go like this:

joey 10:00: hey
    david 7:01: how's it going?
    joey 10:02: good thanks, and you?
    david 7:03: great.

if that's not it, then i'm not sure why, sorry!
    i don't think that being in a different time zone should matter. i speak with people in the east and it reads, on my blackberry, the time i received the message and the time i sent the message on my time zone.

i would think that a battery pull should solve the problem and if not, i don't know where to go from there, maybe do an exchange?
    02-15-09 05:59 PM
    Thanks for all the replies! And no, they aren't in different time zones... it does that for all of my friends. I just used that name as an example. The network times and such seem to all be the correct time, though. Maybe I should check with Verizon. I dunno if it's that serious though. It's more annoying than anything.
    02-16-09 02:50 AM
    Okay so I just got my 8330 curve last week. Took me a minute to learn how to use it, but I LOVE it now. Two questions...

In a text conversation, it says the correct time I sent it. When I receive it back, it shows the time as an hour earlier than it really is. How can I fix this? Like for example...
    8:03 Tabitha says...
    7:05 John says... (when it was really sent at 8:05)
    8:05 Tabitha says...
    7:06 John says....

Okay next question, if I put it on vibrate, it says all the ppl I have as personalized ringtones will still ring.. is that correct? If so, can I change it?
    And is there a really quick way to put it on vibrate instead of going to profile settings and all that on the main menu. Like, is there a button to do this?

Okay thanks in advance for your help ya'll!

Hold down the "Q" button. It will put your phone in vibrate mode. Hold it down again and it will go back to the previous profile. For me, it switches it back to loud.
    02-16-09 03:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD