With all the talk of a "dying company" that surrounds RIM lately I have been thinking, maybe a partnership with another manufacturer, let's just say Samsung because of past rumors, would be a really good thing. If I were RIM and a partnership like this were possible, this is what I would do.
    -Keep making BlackBerry devices for the business world. Upgrade the OS to BB10 obviously for a greater experience, but keep the design familiar and traditional to RIM.
    -Give the consumer BlackBerry manufacturing to Samsung. They already have a huge hold on consumersand know how to produce top end devices FAST. Allow these third party devices to run BB10 with a custom UI skin on it, like Google does with Android, OR at the very least integrate the few long lasting successes that have kept RIM relevant, BBM, push e-mail and unsurpassed security.

I may be way off on my idea, but I try to pay attention to what's going on and think a partnership would be more beneficial than people think. I'm not saying give BBM to Android or iOS, I think that would be as instant a death RIM could get, but partnering with an established manufacturer who is willing to use and promote BlackBerry OS and features on their devices would be nothing but beneficial to RIM.

I know this has all been talked about before, but no one I know, besides the CrackBerry community will listen to my rants on saving RIM.

RIMPIRE STRIKES BACK! LETS ROCK AND ROLL THIS!
    05-03-12 12:38 PM
    There are many threads very similar to this.
    05-03-12 12:41 PM
    I'm not knocking the sentiment at all...
    However, I think we have seen enough "Rim Should/RIM Needs To..." threads.

Keep the faith OP. Let's Rock & Roll this!
    05-03-12 01:22 PM
    Whatever it was that RIM needs or needed to do is already in motion. I wish these threads would die. The way it sounds is saving RIM is easy, and if that were the case, their shares would be higher and all this talk of them dying would not be happening either.

So they enter a partnership with another company. How long do you think the public will wait for another new device and possibly new direction to come? People cannot even wait for 7-8 months before BB10 comes out.
    05-03-12 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD