If you share your BlackBerry PIN say on a BB Messenger Forum. What bad things could people do with it?

Its kind of like how people tell you not to share your Social Security Number or cell phones ESN.

I don't have any freinds who have BB- So I want to try BB Messenger. Since BB runs on JAVA can you install BB Messenger or a JAVA phone, like Nokia or Sony
    06-13-08 05:03 PM
    anything bad can happen to share your PIN
    06-13-08 05:54 PM
    If you share your BlackBerry PIN say on a BB Messenger Forum. What bad things could people do with it?
    At worst, send you a bunch of add requests, which you can deny.

Its kind of like how people tell you not to share your Social Security Number or cell phones ESN.
    It's nothing like sharing your SSN.

I don't have any freinds who have BB- So I want to try BB Messenger.
    Try the Social Users forums. There are lots of folks there for you to chat with.

Since BB runs on JAVA can you install BB Messenger or a JAVA phone, like Nokia or Sony
    No.
    06-13-08 06:00 PM
    No, you can't install BB Messenger on any non-BB phone. It is PIN based, and other phones won't have a PIN.

There is really very little bad that can happen to you by sharing your PIN. I suppose some highly motivated and intelligent hacker could find a way to get into your phone through BBM, but I doubt it would ever actually happen. Not that it would matter for me if it did because I don't keep anything extremely sensitive on the phone anyway.

The worst, realistic, thing I can think of is someone that gets perverted, or won't leave you alone.

I personally just decline all invites unless the person specifies why they are inviting me and where they got my PIN.
    06-13-08 06:01 PM
    Like others have said, the worst that can happen is you get harassed. Giving out your pin is nothing like giving out your ssn or esn. Really, it's not that bad. The worst that can happen is someone writes your pin on a public bathroom wall and writes, "for a good time, ping my bb at 243J9C" or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-08 06:31 PM
    The worst that can happen is someone writes your pin on a public bathroom wall and writes, "for a good time, ping my bb at 243J9C" or something.
    Or you think you're talking to a hot chick lounging on the beach in sunny California and it turns out that is actually a big, greasy, beer swilling, middle aged redneck named Earl in a Mississippi trailer park, and he wants to send you pictures.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-13-08 at 06:38 PM.
    06-13-08 06:35 PM
    Or you think you're talking to a hot chick lounging on the beach in sunny California and it turns out that is actually a big, greasy, beer swilling, middle aged redneck named Earl in a Mississippi trailer park, and he want to send you pictures.
    is this from experience?
    06-13-08 06:38 PM
    i haven't had any trouble with the pin use i have talked to a few people from CB but that is it.
    06-13-08 06:40 PM
    is this from experience?
    Oh lord no! But if you're looking for a worst case scenario... there ya have it

Just a bit of levity
    06-13-08 06:41 PM
    I am new to BB what do you guys recommend should I post it on the Social Connect Forum?

I don't have any friends with BB im a student. There to cheap. lol
    06-13-08 06:42 PM
    I am new to BB what do you guys recommend should I post it on the Social Connect Forum?
    That would be a great place to start. Find a thread that interest you and go for it. And remember anyone that annoys or get weird on you, you can just delete from your list.

Good luck

And Welcome to CB
    06-13-08 06:45 PM
    It's no big deal. Nothing can really happen...
    06-13-08 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD