I tried to send an SMS text and it says i cant bc the radio n on my phone is turned off! How do I turn it back on and why does this happen?
    01-24-08 01:06 PM
    go to connections, and turn radio on. could be from a number of things, restart... accidentally turning it off. it should stay on though.

"or make a phone call, it should ask you to turn it back on.:"
    Last edited by wolff46; 01-24-08 at 01:10 PM. Reason: addition
    01-24-08 01:09 PM
    this also happens when your battery is extremely low.
    01-24-08 03:44 PM
    ...and why does this happen?
    Low Battery as mtspark mentioned. When battery charge drops below 5% the device turns off the radio. You must manually turn it on once your charge reaches 15%
    01-24-08 03:55 PM
    Both my girlfriend and I have curves and we have been having this problem when the phone has been plugged in all night and the auto-on turns it on in the morning. Low battery can't be the reason and it is happening on both phones. Anyone else having this problem when it is fully charged?
    03-12-09 03:32 PM
    My Curve went down very low on me the other nite and after charging I had the same problem of no radio. I noticed when weathereye wasn't getting a signal, then internet, etc. After playing around with connections I realized it was disabled. I didn't know it was from letting the battery go down so low. Thanks!
    03-12-09 07:57 PM
    Both my girlfriend and I have curves and we have been having this problem when the phone has been plugged in all night and the auto-on turns it on in the morning. Low battery can't be the reason and it is happening on both phones. Anyone else having this problem when it is fully charged?
    Mine has started doing that this week. I never let it go low, always charge it fully at night.I am starting to suspect the auto on/off feature. What do ya'll think? Is that possible?
    03-18-09 09:53 AM
    Interestingly this is the 2nd thread I have read about people having this problem. Unfortunately I do NOT see a pattern or common denominator. Different models and different carriers. Perhaps it's a RIM issue?
    03-18-09 09:55 AM
    I don't use the auto on/off feature and I am getting my radio turned off sporatically. We have an Airave in our office and I am about 40 feet from it so I should be getting a good connection, yet it still turns the radio off. This only started happening a couple of weeks ago.
    05-19-09 11:51 AM
    From what I remember, it used to be that once your battery hit 5%, it turned the radio off.

However, I think since the 4.5 OS release, they've removed this. I dont have any 4.5 devices around me to test or I'd check..
    05-19-09 12:40 PM
    Mine did that the other night. Battery got way low. I charged it for an hour or so and it turned itself back on. I don't think you should have to manually do it.
    05-19-09 08:55 PM
    Next time this happens and you have recharged a tad, try calling a number, any number. Doctor Neutron
    05-19-09 09:50 PM
    I had the same problem today and my phone isn't anywhere close to having only a 5% charge left.
    06-01-09 11:23 AM
    Do a battery pull to make sure. The thing with this battery technology is the battery meter you see goes out of calibration over time. It might say you have 70% but really you have 55%.

It is a common thing and for devices with non-removable batteries deep cycling is recommended to remedy this. However, it is nice we can yank the battery on a BB and fix it easily.

Not sure if this is the root cause of your problem, but it is something to consider.
    06-01-09 11:25 AM
    This happens to me at least once a week. I receive calls but no email or browser.
    I did some research, after the hubby said I was ignoring his emails, and found something interesting.
    OK my battery-never below 2 bars since I originally drained & recharged when I bought the phone last year.
    BUT: I clear my Browser Cache including "deleting my Pushed Content".
    Had no idea what it was so I deleted it. Well now looking back that appears to be the same time I get that "radio not turned on" message.
    And why does it say Radio when it's actually the network connection that has to be turned back on??
    Anyway the battery may be at fault in some cases but if it's not, see if you ever deleted "Pushed Content" which is in browser, options, cache operations.
    I'll be curious to see if anyone else had it happen this was OR if I'm the only one stupid enough to delete something the phone asks "Are you sure you want to delete this? My guess is the latter-lol.
    Hope my ignorance helps someone else
    Happy Holidays!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 07:21 AM
    going to email settings & it will ask u to turn ur radio back on, and press yes
    01-17-10 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD