I only have my BB Bold for about three days, and even though there is a lot to like about it, I also found a couple of frustrating things. In order to keep threads to a single topic I will list each one separately.

Whenever I try to connect via WiFi to my home network, it fails with a message: "The radio on the device is currently turned off or the battery is too low.."

I've searched the web and found many posts complaining of the same issue. But none of the solutions offered worked for me. Just to clear things, the following points all apply:

1. I can confirm that in Manage Connections my WiFi is showing a tick and the name of my home network is displayed in green next to it.

2. I switch of the Mobile Network to make sure it will only try to connect via WiFi.

3. I have tried countless times to switch the unit of and remove the battery etc. But this does not help.

4. My unit is fully charged to 100% capacity.

5. I can definetely connect to the same WiFi connection with my laptop.

6. The WiFi icon in the top right screen corner always stays grey.

7. When I scan for networks, it always finds my home network without a problem... which makes me think the radio is working fine.

8. I was able to connect to WiFi before I upgraded to
    V4.6.0.247 (Platform 4.0.0.206). It is only since I upgraded that this problem started showing up.

Hope someone can give me some advice, or should I panic and take the unit back to the shop?
    06-01-09 02:45 PM
    Restart your router and scan at the same time. We started having this issue with everything (Bold, iPhone, Macbook, and a Dell laptop) after our provider "upgraded" our cable modem.
    06-01-09 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD