I was looking forward to a piece on the news about radiation and cell phones. The anchor pulled out a blackberry and an iphone from his suit as a teaser. Then a plane got hijacked in Cancun and brought to Mexico City. So now I don't know

I hope this turns out ok, but I was hoping they would say blackberries were better than iphones. Anyone know? I'm not worried, my phone doesn't get much next to my ear time between bluetooth and speakerphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 02:52 PM
    My thoughts go out to you for your loss of the cool gadget report story in favor of a silly terror attack with just human lives at stake.

On a more serious note: every source of power produces waves. How exactly they influence us is unclear, even though we keep reading about people getting cancer because they live under transmission lines. Your bluetooth headset (I have one, too) uses power to work... and then of course the "bluetooth waves". Go figure. We live in an unhealthy world.
    09-09-09 03:18 PM
    I'm not trying to imply that the hijacking is indeed a much more important story, I was just musing.

09-09-09 03:25 PM
    My thoughts go out to you for your loss of the cool gadget report story in favor of a silly terror attack with just human lives at stake.
    Glad you can be so understanding. I too mourn your loss.
    09-09-09 03:34 PM
    Sorry - I'm just responding to the thread title, but I'm definately voting for Radation on this one - Radation is MUCH better than Cellphones...

Think about it - can you cook your food in under 5 minutes with a Cellphone? When your overheated, will your Cellphone radiate heat away from your body like say, um - RADIATION can?!
    Didn't think so.

Nuclear reactors + fuel rods pumping out massive amounts of clean, economical, safe RADIATION to power your X-Boxes and WI-FI hotspots with... Does it GET any better?

I don't think a Cellphone is going to be powering much of ANYTHING, dropped into a lead-sheilded tank, filled with water, my friend. That's just the God's honest truth.

That big giant ball of fire in the sky?
    RADIATION.
    Trust me on this. It's there.

Yes, when it comes to Radiation and Cellphones, and which is better?
    Radiation has MY vote, all day long.
    09-09-09 03:50 PM
    Cell phones wouldn't of been made if we weren't able to harvest the power of radiation!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-09-09 04:41 PM
    09-09-09 04:45 PM
    iPhone didn't make the list. BB's did multiple times.

WARNING: BlackBerry #4 Highest Radiation Level | MobiMadness
    09-09-09 04:47 PM

The only way a BB's radiation level can kill you is if you cut open your head and gut the BB then attach the antenna to your brain.

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-09-09 04:50 PM
    The only way a BB's radiation level can kill you is if you cut open your head and gut the BB then attach the antenna to your brain.

Thnx, �Tripster�

There's alot of conspiracy theorists who wear tinfoil hats as well.. it'd take you probably having the thing ducttaped to your head, talking for 20 years nonstop before you develop a tumor.
    09-09-09 04:58 PM
    Apple's biggest selling model to date, the 3G, has a SAR of 1.38. My Tour is 1.43. There's so little radiation coming from these devices that a difference of .05 isn't going to make any difference on me getting cancer. Ever had an xray? You'll get more radiation exposure in one xray than you will from a lifetime of cell phone use.
    09-09-09 05:04 PM

Don't get too uppity. Check the list by manufacturer. iPhone 3G is pretty high just a little less than the Curve while the 3Gs is pretty low, just a little less than the Storm.
    09-10-09 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD