I heard from someone that a Windows Phone slider might be announced as early as late February. No mention of which device it might be, or who the manufacturer is.

Has anyone heard anything about other non-BlackBerry sliders that might be out soon?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-02-14 02:08 PM
    I've heard that Motorola will be launching a Droid 5 around the same time.

Sent from my Q10
    01-02-14 02:34 PM
    I haven't heard anything about a slider phone from BlackBerry, at least for 2014. If those other rumors about WP and Motorola are true, I hope BlackBerry makes one to compete (it cannot be 600 though!).

Posted via CB10
    Tim Heard likes this.
    01-02-14 03:02 PM
    I expect the Q30 to be a sider
    Tim Heard and BlackQtCoder like this.
    01-02-14 03:03 PM
    Probably a Nokia Nokia E71 Returns With Windows Phone 8 and Sliding Keyboard | Concept Phones

Don't want a landscape slider though.
    01-02-14 03:12 PM

Seriously, why are all sliders landscapes? Was the Torch portrait slider so bad? One of my coworkers still has hers and she absolutely loves it. I'd love a BB10 portrait slider...all the screen real estate of the Z with the qwerty of the Q...a match made in heaven!
    Morty2264, vkberry and anthrogirl like this.
    01-02-14 03:17 PM
    9800/9810 is a great device. Would love to see a BlackBerry 10 variant.
    01-02-14 03:35 PM
    True... They just have to improve the key tactile feedback to feel smoother, brin the keyboard up, because when I tried the torch, I found the keyboard to a bit akward to use for being so low in the chassis. With today's oled screen, it should be able to have a much thinner screen, being able to bring the keybaord closer to the screen height
    01-02-14 04:47 PM
    My poor old Dell venue Pro is on life support. Last night, it actually LOST battery charge while on the charger. Interestingly, it is now back to 100%.
    That said, I will likely have to jump at the first reasonably good replacement that comes along. I hope it's a portrait slider though, and would love it if
    it were a BlackBerry.

I haven't heard anything about a slider phone from BlackBerry, at least for 2014. If those other rumors about WP and Motorola are true, I hope BlackBerry makes one to compete (it cannot be 600 though!).

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 04:52 PM
    My wife still loves her Torch...phone is starting to age (along with my wife) and can't wait for a bb10 slider!
    01-02-14 04:57 PM
    Seriously, why are all sliders landscapes? Was the Torch portrait slider so bad? One of my coworkers still has hers and she absolutely loves it. I'd love a BB10 portrait slider...all the screen real estate of the Z with the qwerty of the Q...a match made in heaven!
    More balanced perhaps.
    01-03-14 12:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    No worries. Likely be 599

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 11:37 AM
    Loved my Torch. Would not be able to resist a BB10 Portrait slider. My z10 would have to step aside.

Suggest same screen and portrait form factor.

For those who say heavy. Blah blah. A Torch is heavier than a Z30. A slider Z10 would come in about the same.

Posted via CB10
    vkberry likes this.
    01-09-14 11:43 AM
    Probably a Nokia Nokia E71 Returns With Windows Phone 8 and Sliding Keyboard | Concept Phones

This is a cool concept, especially since the screen real estate is so wide and large; and you can turn it this way and that, unlike the Q10...

But I still like a vertical slider idea better. If I were to go Nokia, I'd get the 920, hands-down.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 11:46 AM

Gulp. I do. I would have to seriously rethink my new-found love for the Z10's virtual keyboard if BB came out with something like this around the same size as the Z30.
    01-12-14 09:50 PM
    For all of you concerned of the potential slide being landscape, do not be afraid, there is no way BlackBerry will come out with a landscape slider because BB10 simply doesn't support landscape mode very well. lol

The home screen is portrait only and most of the native apps are portrait only (BB World, Music, Settings, Twitter, Facebook, etc, etc, etc)

If they DO make a landscape slider, don't expect it until at least 2015, it's no small feat to convert everything to landscape.

I am however very curious as to what their next steps for improvement to the OS would be. They've pretty much ironed out all the major bugs and features. Can't wait for new features!
    01-12-14 09:59 PM
    A Z30 size slider with the Squricle and sold.

Mr. Chen needs to sing "I'm bringing Squricle back"
    01-12-14 10:05 PM
    A Z30 size slider with the Squricle and sold.

Mr. Chen needs to sing "I'm bringing Squricle back"
    99.9999% of people would have no idea what he's talking about. Which is why he'll never say that.
    Seriously, let it go. It was a random test icon. Plenty of things get developed that never see the light of day.
    01-12-14 10:11 PM
    I have to say that I wasn't expecting a slider to be announced, but I still find myself extremely disappointed that one wasn't announced.
    02-25-14 08:09 AM
    02-25-14 08:15 AM
    A landscape slider just doesn't feel right.
    When my Dell Venue Pro dies, I may just try to find another one that's refurbished.

Or hope that between now and then, BlackBerry releases a protective case for the Z30
    that converts it into a slider phone.
    02-25-14 09:10 AM
    BlackBerry is going backwards is they create a slider. Its for kids. Nobody wants it anymore. Stop the madness.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 08:49 PM
    I have to disagree with you. There are lots of people who have legit reasons to want a slider. It's a topic that comes up regularly.
    A good slider phone would be the best of all options with respect to form factor: a big slab screen, and a physical keyboard when you need it.

Clearly you don't need one, which is fine.

BlackBerry is going backwards is they create a slider. Its for kids. Nobody wants it anymore. Stop the madness.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 08:31 AM
    I have to disagree with you. There are lots of people who have legit reasons to want a slider. It's a topic that comes up regularly.
    A good slider phone would be the best of all options with respect to form factor: a big slab screen, and a physical keyboard when you need it.

Clearly you don't need one, which is fine.
    I agree. I wouldn't want a slider just because I'm used to a thin slab and wouldn't want a device with moving parts that could fail over time. HOWEVER, I realize the Torch series was pretty dang popular and know that there are some out there who still hold onto their now aging Torch in hopes of getting another slider someday. I definitely think putting out a slider couldn't hurt.
    02-28-14 09:55 AM
    Nobody wants an old slider.... Invent something new, create something. I envision a super thin slider made of metal. Even with a Z10 I'd still like more screen real estate when the keyboard is up in some apps like text.

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    03-03-14 06:09 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD