I had the Torch 2 and it was great. I now have the Z30, and it's fantastic!!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 03:38 PM
    I love my Torch 9810, its my work phone. If BB was to come out with another slider and Sprint was to carry it I would probably be using BB for my personal phone again.
    04-09-14 08:24 AM
    Yeah the Torch 2 is great. I agree a new slider from BlackBerry would be great.

Posted via CB10
    Tim Heard likes this.
    04-09-14 04:54 PM
    No offense to Torch 2 lovers, but I am going to be extremely disappointed if they release a slider and the screen isn't considerably larger.
    I personally would like a Z30 slider. I'd be disappointed if it were as small as a Z10 screen.

Also, if they make it the size of a Z30, then they benefit from economies of scale. Rather than having to use different parts, a lot of the components for the slider phone could be the same as those that are used in the Z30. Things like that are crucial when it comes to lowering production costs, and improving service.
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-10-14 08:54 AM
    Yes, a Z30-like slider would be great. I suspect there has been some research into a 5" slider, but with a more square-ish screen to make it more compact and easy to manipulate. This, however, may not be ideal for many used to a more elongated display to accommodate 16:9 viewing since more and more users want to watch TV and videos in this format. Nonetheless, a new larger slider with large HD screen plus virtual keyboard would be very interesting.

Posted via CB10
    TylerXIII likes this.
    04-10-14 09:05 AM
    dougverli1: Don't generalize. Lots of people likes physical keyboard. I'm yet using on work a BB Torch 9800 (near 3.5 years running) and I'm waiting for a BB10 slider to do the change. My physical keys typing it's far far away of the typing speed on a touch keyboard.
    Tim Heard likes this.
    04-10-14 09:06 AM
    If it only has a virtual keyboard, then I'm not interested in it at all. That sort of defeats the purpose of having a slider.
    I want a slider because I want the functionality of a good physical keyboard, but also the convenience of a large, high
    resolution touch screen.

Yes, a Z30-like slider would be great. I suspect there has been some research into a 5" slider, but with a more square-ish screen to make it more compact and easy to manipulate. This, however, may not be ideal for many used to a more elongated display to accommodate 16:9 viewing since more and more users want to watch TV and videos in this format. Nonetheless, a new larger slider with large HD screen plus virtual keyboard would be very interesting.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 01:56 PM
    Actually the Torch 9800 and 9810 did indeed have a keyboard (a slider). The Torch 9850 and 9860 did not. I had the Torch 2 (9810) which was excellent. I now have the Z30, which is fantastic !

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 03:27 PM
    I've heard positive things about the Z30, except for the camera. Have heard that it isn't all that good in low light, and videos can be shaky. Have recent firmware updates helped those issues?

I'd buy a Z30 if there were a protective case that would double as a good physical keyboard.

Actually the Torch 9800 and 9810 did indeed have a keyboard (a slider). The Torch 9850 and 9860 did not. I had the Torch 2 (9810) which was excellent. I now have the Z30, which is fantastic !

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 08:29 AM
    Something like this, but this particular product looks like it would be unwieldy. The balance wouldn't be right, and the keyboard doesn't look spacious enough.

Keyboard Buddy iPhone 4S Case - Vertical Edition - The best of both worlds. An ultra slim, slide out, vertical facing, bluetooth keyboard for the iPhone 4S.
    04-11-14 08:35 AM
    You can read my reviews of the Z30 at a various Canadian sites: BestBuy.ca, Bell.ca, TheSource.ca. I love the Z30; great big AMOLED screen, long lasting battery, Paratek antenna, great virtual keyboard, FM radio, BlackBerry Hub, etc. The camera is average, but then again, the cameras on most cell phones aren't so great.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 10:46 AM
    It's a moot point for me.
    Until my Dell Venue Pro dies, I'm holding out for something with a large screen and a physical keyboard.
    If it does before such a device hits the market, I don't know what I'll do. Maybe buy a refurbished DVP. :-(
    04-14-14 09:39 AM
    My wife has 2 q10's. Work and personal. But she wants a regular sized screen so that all the apps work, android apps, etc.

She had a 9810 and really wants that form factor back. I know it cost BlackBerry more to service and maintain these, but it is so distinctive - the portrait slider. They really should do this and get some differentiation in the market

Posted via CB10
    Tim Heard likes this.
    04-14-14 10:22 AM
    Yes, I had a Torch 2 and it was great. I love my Z30 NOW!

Posted via CB10
    Tim Heard likes this.
    04-14-14 10:44 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD