The Blade concept.

Posted via Q10, awaitng a slider.
    03-03-14 09:15 PM
    That would be nice.

I'm not picky though. They really can't copy a fan's design. I'm fine with whatever they come up with, as long as it is
    an improvement over the Torch: larger screen, and better spaced keys.
    03-04-14 12:13 PM
    Just wondering what are the available colors for z30.
    03-06-14 08:10 AM
    Just wondering what are the available colors for z30.
    Completely wrong topic, but... black and white, although if your in the states Verizon only has black.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 07:18 PM
    How can people say a slider is for kids? You know how insulting that is? There was never an issue with my Torch having moving parts. It was the best selling phone BlackBerry had. They need a new one. Why does it bother people that some other people would be happy? I don't give a **** about people who love typing on glass and try to deny them that. I don't give a **** about people who want a Q20. Let them have it.

Why can't we have a portrait slider with a ton of screen space like a Z10 or Z30? Stop being dicks on here and let people be happy. Jesus H Christ.

Posted via CB10
    Tom689, BigRob673 and anthrogirl like this.
    03-06-14 07:34 PM
    Feeling some type of way now that Microsoft is filling in with the features that blackberry abandoned
    03-09-14 11:50 AM
    Please explain. I haven't seen a good WP8 vertical slider. What features do you see Microsoft adding?

Feeling some type of way now that Microsoft is filling in with the features that blackberry abandoned
    03-10-14 08:43 AM
    I think that the best way to provide sliders as an option would be to produce a Z series model with a really tight latching full back battery cover, and then offer a slider keyboard that could snap on in the battery cover's place. It would be an option like the keyboards for tablets.
    Win-win, and there's no danger of producing a niche-market device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-10-14 10:41 PM
    I'd be happy with something like that, provided that they could get the balance right.

I think that the best way to provide sliders as an option would be to produce a Z series model with a really tight latching full back battery cover, and then offer a slider keyboard that could snap on in the battery cover's place. It would be an option like the keyboards for tablets.
    Win-win, and there's no danger of producing a niche-market device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-11-14 08:15 AM
    I'd be happy with something like that, provided that they could get the balance right.
    The balance of the phone is the main thing. The one thing I didn't like about the torch (and the reason I didn't get one) was the screen was so thick it made the whole device to top heavy.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 11:51 PM
    If you ever get a chance, grab a Dell Venue Pro, just to check out the dimensions and balance. They got it right, in my opinion.

The balance of the phone is the main thing. The one thing I didn't like about the torch (and the reason I didn't get one) was the screen was so thick it made the whole device to top heavy.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 09:09 AM
    For balance, I don't think you can beat landscape sliders. My Pre3 is top-heavy. I can't imagine a vertical slider that wasn't top-heavy, unless you could fit almost everything into the keyboard part, and produce a very light LCD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-14-14 03:35 PM
    For balance, I don't think you can beat landscape sliders. My Pre3 is top-heavy. I can't imagine a vertical slider that wasn't top-heavy, unless you could fit almost everything into the keyboard part, and produce a very light LCD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Try a Torch, it was not top heavy. I thing all of the people saying no slider are trolls trying to talk BlackBerry out of building the next great phone.

A BB10 slider with the power of the Squircle
    03-14-14 05:50 PM
    I've never actually seen a Torch "in the wild." If I do, you can be sure I'll be trying it out!

Sent by Telex ... saved on Hollerith cards
    03-14-14 08:13 PM
    That was the only good thing going for the Torch. The screen was too small, and the keyboard was small and cramped.
    So much time has passed, and consumers (even business consumers) are clearly wanting larger screens. It would be a
    huge disappointment if BlackBerry were to produce a slider, and only offer a screen the size of the Z10. They can do better
    than that.

Try a Torch, it was not top heavy. I thing all of the people saying no slider are trolls trying to talk BlackBerry out of building the next great phone.

A BB10 slider with the power of the Squircle
    03-17-14 08:47 AM
    wife has a torch, as she absolutely needed the physical keyboard. honestly can't remember the last time she actually used the physical keyboard, so her next phone will be touchscreen only.
    03-18-14 03:52 PM
    I use a Dell Venue Pro. It's a battery hog, but has a touch screen about the size of an iPhone, and a decent keyboard. I won't give it up until there's something better available on the market or it dies.

wife has a torch, as she absolutely needed the physical keyboard. honestly can't remember the last time she actually used the physical keyboard, so her next phone will be touchscreen only.
    03-19-14 07:43 AM
    torch touch is still the best phone.. don't mix it up with the torch. It had no keyboard but the phone was the best designed phone on the market

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    03-27-14 06:30 AM
    Hrmmm. I'm not sure what the point would be of developing a slider if it didn't also have a keyboard.

torch touch is still the best phone.. don't mix it up with the torch. It had no keyboard but the phone was the best designed phone on the market

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    03-27-14 11:03 AM
    Form factor...Torch touch was very ergonomic in the hands. Much more so than the Torch slider which was a bit of a brick. The silky back with indents top and bottom made it amazing to hold and not feel afraid of a drop.

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    03-27-14 01:41 PM
    Gotcha.
    OK, so if it's OK with you, I vote for the next one to be amazing to hold, with a no-slip back, a tall, wide screen, AND a physical slider keyboard. ... Best of all worlds for everyone. :-)
    Also, while we're on the subject, I vote for reasonably good speakers and a nice camera.
    03-27-14 02:10 PM
    ...aaaannnd we're discussing non-slider Torches in Tim's slider thread because?

Doggerz likes this.
    03-27-14 10:08 PM
    Because eventually just about every discussion thread heads off topic. :-)
    03-28-14 11:50 AM
    Haha true .... Very true

03-28-14 10:48 PM
    BlackBerry is going backwards is they create a slider. Its for kids. Nobody wants it anymore. Stop the madness.

Posted via CB10
    Check my Avatar. Does that look like a kids toy? Nah..too sexy

From my awesome Q10 running 10.2.1.2228. Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 11:40 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD