I am a WEBOS refugee and am in desperate need of a new QWERTY phone. This seems to leave me with two choices in China.

Q10 or DROID 4. The DROID 4 as you know is two years old so I can get it for 750. However I know Motorola will be around to support it and so will google.

The Q10 of course is 3000 and as a person who has owned WEBOS for 4 years I find myself actually afraid of going with a better OS that no on uses.

So I need you guys to SELL me on Blackberry.

I REALLY want it.... But I am afraid, and my girlfriend thinks I am insane. She wants me to get the Samsung Galaxy Note (NO WAY IN HELL!!!!!).....

I HATE on screen keyboards.

Not a big fan on Android I have a tablet running the latest version of Jelly bean.

Here is what I posted on WEBOS forum
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3406711
    11-10-13 06:37 AM
    You need to think very clearly about what you want and then you need to consider the company's situation. This is a decision that is yours to make after some consideration of your wants, needs, and clear thought about the risks.
    11-10-13 07:23 AM
    Hi and welcome. If you are saying no way in hell to Droid then I think you have already made up your mind. BB rocks. Get the Q10.
    11-10-13 07:25 AM
    actually I like the Droid (I hate Galaxy Note) well I like the phone and the power, I just really don't like the keyboard) but for an additional 500RMB I can get a Bluetooth keyboard. But paying 4000 RMB seems strange when the Droid is 800 and the BB is 3000
    11-10-13 08:18 AM
    You should be concerned with BlackBerry's future if you're an owner or shareholder of the company. Are you? The ironic thing is, many people, especially detractors, behave as if they are owners or fortunetellers. They keep trying to forecast the company's demise. If you simple want to use the Q10, don't burden yourself with such nonsense. It's not good for your mental health.

BlackBerry's latest OS10 system (OS and phones) is one of the best, if not THE best in the market today. I believe if the company had launched it sooner back then, it would not be in such a sorry situation today. Nevertheless, from the way I understand it, even if BlackBerry the company folds or gets nuked today, your Q10 will be able to continue to serve you well.

So, unless you're an app junky, I suggest you visit BlackBerry World and check out the essential apps you will be installing in your Q10. Let's hope the developers will eventually produce more apps for OS10 in the near future and that we will be able to use apps ported from other systems with greater ease.
    11-10-13 08:27 AM
    You should choose a phone based on what will use it for? Even if blackberry closes as a business it doesn't mean the phone will automatically stop working. Most likely after two years you will move on to another phone.

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    11-10-13 08:37 AM
    There's always Nokia's qwerty phone. But if you're looking for arguably the best qwerty experience then BlackBerry is the way to go. And since you have an Android tablet, you can make a good combo of either a Q5(slightly cheaper) or Q10(premium) with tablet.
    11-10-13 08:49 AM
    Droid 4 seems like a good phone but sliders are prone to break (personal experience). The q10 is far from perfect but it has a great keyboard. From your post, it seems like we are both people who cant stay away from the physical keyboard.

Try the q10 I have no doubt if you buy the droid 4 and see the person beside you with a q10, you will be kicking yourself.

C001230C6 Suits tv show BBM Channel
    11-10-13 01:02 PM
    You should be concerned with BlackBerry's future if you're an owner or shareholder of the company. Are you? The ironic thing is, many people, especially detractors, behave as if they are owners or fortunetellers. They keep trying to forecast the company's demise. If you simple want to use the Q10, don't burden yourself with such nonsense. It's not good for your mental health.
    You should choose a phone based on what will use it for? Even if blackberry closes as a business it doesn't mean the phone will automatically stop working. Most likely after two years you will move on to another phone.
    This is 100% not true. I speak from experience using a WEBOS phone... When features that are built into the phone link SYNCING Google Address books stop working because Google changes the API rules, then your phone stops working until someone with access to the source code updates it.

When LinkedIN changed their rules, third parties were unable to fix it, because LINKED only give access to authorized users. So no. If Blackberry stops updating, things you USE will not work in the future.

So this i a REAL concern.

And thank you, you just made up my mind. I will not risk it.
    11-10-13 08:30 PM
    So this i a REAL concern. And thank you, you just made up my mind. I will not risk it.
    If you started with that strong a mindset and "REAL concern," why then did you even have to ask the people here to sell you the Q10 - when you apparently have already known what's been going on with BlackBerry the company?

If BlackBerry were NOT in a difficulty situation as today's and developers continue to support its OS and apps, could that guarantee that Google (Gmail) or Microsoft (Outlook) won't change its policies and relations with the company and stop certain services somewhere along the way?

If your real concern is Google cutting its services to your phone, I suggest you stick with a pure Google phone - and keep your fingers crossed that the company that manufactures the battery (if it's not Google), for instance, does not crap out.
    11-12-13 07:43 AM
    If you started with that strong a mindset and "REAL concern," why then did you even have to ask the people here to sell you the Q10 - when you apparently have already known what's been going on with BlackBerry the company?
    The reason is because I really wanted to purchase the Q10... In fact I did purchase the Q10. Sadly, I quickly learned that SKYPE is GEORESTRICTED for China. Sure the country list includes Antartica and Congo, but not China.

I even purchased a VPN because Q10 doesn't have PPTP support, rebooted but that failed. So I ended up returning it.

But it was a lovely phone and a very nice OS, but it already didn't do what I needed.
    11-19-13 09:18 AM