07-30-11 01:45 PM
31 12
tools
    His comments suggest an absence of patience.
    And or ignorance. My 63 year old father went from a feature phone (Samsung T339) to the Optimus S with a full touchscreen with little to no problems. I tried to get him to go with a 9330, but he preferred the touchscreen.
    07-29-11 06:18 PM
    Not in the least. I have no intention of getting any of the upcoming devices, and I don't need patience.
    We all need patience. To suggest otherwise is, as you would say, a "pure act of ignorance."
    07-29-11 06:57 PM
    I didn't read the entire thing and I didn't read every single comment, although I noticed a few people referenced what I'm about to say.

The amount of people used in this observation far from reflect the masses if that's what it intended to do, and even if it did, you're not even close to covering all end-users - you're getting probably strictly business men and women. Although I will admit conducting, and even hearing or reading about these kinds of observations is kind of fun and interesting, the title and perhaps the aim of the article are a little misleading.
    07-29-11 06:58 PM
    Regardless of the methods used in the survey, it's still an interesting topic to throw up for discussion. I for one think that QWERTY candy bar is here to stay, but touch screen phones are in no way less capable. After using a 4" Android phone for just a few minutes (and typing on it), it does feel a little weird to return to typing on my Bold, in a good sense. Although I can crank out words faster on my Bold, I have no qualms moving to a full touch screen experience. It's pretty awesome.
    07-29-11 08:55 PM
    1). I am NOT handcuffed by a keyboard, while walking through the airport yesterday the only people using their phones while racing to customs were Blackberry users (maybe a few nokia's. I was more concerned with my emails than I was seeing what brand of portrait qwerty was being used). It wasn't until we cleared customs and people started waiting for luggage did you see the plethura of all touch phones appear and start being used 2 handed.

I agree that the full touchscreen will be the most popular as the bulk of users will be consumers of data and not creating data. And thus a larger screen is better. But to dismiss the candybar qwerty or to feel that the experience is infirior just shows the same ignorance that posters who claim touchscreens are toys, show. Both form factors are very important, and few people can comfortably pass from one to the next and back, you find what is best for you and that is what you use. Until I can type with my eyes on a softboard on my phone as CP people do on computers. I will be retaining a keyboard device!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    K Bear likes this.
    07-30-11 09:57 AM
    1). I am NOT handcuffed by a keyboard, while walking through the airport yesterday the only people using their phones while racing to customs were Blackberry users (maybe a few nokia's. I was more concerned with my emails than I was seeing what brand of portrait qwerty was being used). It wasn't until we cleared customs and people started waiting for luggage did you see the plethura of all touch phones appear and start being used 2 handed.
    Maybe the touchscreen people were simply able to complete what they needed to do more quickly, so they didn't need them out.

I am absolutely just giving you a hard time.
    07-30-11 01:45 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD