I'm more or less a CB noob with a storm and had a few questions as far a setting up a replacement. My current phone has a perceived hardware issue with the Mic and a replacement is on the way.

First thing I'm wondering is the DM backup function independent of the OS? What i mean is, when i get the new phone I don't necessarily want to wipe it and install the old phones OS along with my apps and setting from the same old phone.

Do i use the restore function or do i do some sort of hand picking from the backup file in the applications function? Or should I just use the transfer phone function? I'm reluctant to do that as my phone shipped with .65, I installed a leaked .75, then I believe it updated to the official .75. I'd rather start with a "fresh" OS, or does that matter?

I hope I'm making myself clear..if not let me know
    12-13-08 11:31 AM
    Use the Device Switch Wizard. I think that works better than the Restore.

12-13-08 11:51 AM
    Use the Device Switch Wizard. I think that works better than the Restore.

does that wipe the new phones OS and install the one from the old phone? that's what i'm trying to figure out..
    12-13-08 11:53 AM
    does that wipe the new phones OS and install the one from the old phone? that's what i'm trying to figure out..
    No it doesn't. It also works when going from other platforms to BB (Palm, Windows Mobile), so it is not designed to "replace" any OS, just to transfer stuff to the new phone.
    12-13-08 12:24 PM
    No it doesn't. It also works when going from other platforms to BB (Palm, Windows Mobile), so it is not designed to "replace" any OS, just to transfer stuff to the new phone.
    great, that's what i wanted to know. appreciate the help
    12-13-08 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD