Bloomberg;
    Windows 8 Bugs Irk Microsoft, Intel CEO Said to Tell Staff
    By Tim Culpan and Ian King - Sep 25, 2012 4:11 PM CT Facebook Share LinkedIn Google +1 19 Comments
    Print QUEUEQ
    Intel Corp. (INTC) Chief Executive Officer Paul Otellini told employees in Taiwan that Microsoft Corp.’s Windows 8 operating system is being released before it’s fully ready, a person who attended the company event said.

Improvements still need to be made to the software, Otellini told employees at a company meeting in Taipei today, said the person, who asked not to be identified because the meeting was private.

Enlarge image
    Windows 8 Bugs Plaguing Microsoft, Intel CEO Said to Tell Staff Jonathan Alcorn/Bloomberg
    Microsoft is eager to get Windows 8, the first version of its flagship software compatible with tablets, into computers next month to help it vie with Apple Inc.’s iPad during the crucial holiday shopping season.

Microsoft is eager to get Windows 8, the first version of its flagship software compatible with tablets, into computers next month to help it vie with Apple Inc.’s iPad during the crucial holiday shopping season. Photographer: Jonathan Alcorn/Bloomberg
    Microsoft is eager to get Windows 8, the first version of its flagship software designed for touch tablets, into computers next month to help it vie with Apple Inc.’s iPad during the holiday shopping season. Releasing the operating system before it’s fully baked is the right move, and Microsoft can make improvements after it ships, Otellini told staffers.

Intel, the biggest semiconductor maker, is Microsoft (MSFT)’s closest partner, and Otellini’s remarks echo criticism from analysts such as Michael Cherry at Directions on Microsoft. While Windows is fundamentally sound, the operating system lacks a wide range of robust applications and PC makers haven’t had enough time to work out kinks with so-called drivers, which connect software to such hardware as printers, Cherry said.

“We are concerned at the level of bugs and fine tuning that appears necessary to get the beta systems we demoed ready for prime time,” Alex Gauna, an analyst at JMP Securities LLC in San Francisco, wrote in a Sept. 13 note in response to versions of Windows 8 shown at Intel’s recent developer forum.

Vista Flops
    Technology vendors often release software before it’s completely ready and make adjustments on the fly. Still, the practice can backfire. Vista, a version of Windows that debuted in 2007, was introduced two years late. It was met with poor adoption as the software initially didn’t work with many applications and drivers.

“With over 16 million active preview participants, Windows 8 is the most tested, reviewed and ready operating system in Microsoft’s history,” said Mark Martin, a spokesman for Redmond, Washington-based Microsoft.

Laura Anderson, a spokeswoman for Santa Clara, California- based Intel, declined to comment on the internal meeting. She also said that the company “believes Windows represents a tremendous opportunity for our business and we’re looking forward to working with Microsoft on enabling a host of new experiences on a variety of devices.”
    Last edited by Dapper37; 09-25-12 at 09:25 PM. Reason: spelling
    hpjrt and baldanders like this.
    09-25-12 08:00 PM
    Mods is it possible to edit the main title to pushed out! auto correct
    Last edited by Dapper37; 09-25-12 at 08:42 PM.
    09-25-12 08:02 PM
    Isn't it kind of rude not to give credit and post a link to the source.

Also you won't be able to fix all the bugs and have to release sometime. Not onlt that but microsoft is already working on Project Blue the next update to the software slated for release next year.

And while vista was a flop from a nerd and mindshare standpoint it still moved a ton of software and hardware.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    09-25-12 09:05 PM
    Isn't it kind of rude not to give credit and post a link to the source.

Also you won't be able to fix all the bugs and have to release sometime. Not onlt that but microsoft is already working on Project Blue the next update to the software slated for release next year.

And while vista was a flop from a nerd and mindshare standpoint it still moved a ton of software and hardware.

Bloomberg, Quoting the CEO of intel.
    09-25-12 09:27 PM
    Is this regarding Windows 8, a desktop, a laptop and tablet OS, or Windows Phone 8?
    Since it appears to be about WINDOWS 8 and not Windows PHONE 8, what would this have to do with getting out infornt of RIM?

Or is RIM making a desktop operating system to compete with Windows 8?
    09-25-12 09:50 PM
    Ridiculous.

How the heck can you confuse an article about Windows 8 with Windows PHONE 8?!

and hpjrt liked it!

This is poor form indeed, posting stuff that you don't even read. Utterly ridiculous.
    09-26-12 08:17 AM
    Oh sweet heavens...

I literally cannot stop laughing...
    09-26-12 08:20 AM
    Lemme just dust off this old gem again:

09-26-12 08:50 AM
    Isn't win8 the same thing except for rt on phone, computer or tablet?
    09-26-12 09:01 AM
    Isn't win8 the same thing except for rt on phone, computer or tablet?
    No.
    They have amazing cross-platform synergy between the OSs, but WP8 and WinRT/Win8 are quite different.
    09-26-12 09:07 AM
    It's micosoft which I am forced to use on my PC. People hate windows7 and vista and everything windows. I doubt many people will buy WP8 JUST LIKE they didn't buy WP7. Why would anyone choose a microsoft phone after being used and abused and forced using Windows for all these years? I don't know a single person that even has wp7 or has even talked about WP7 or WP8.
    09-26-12 09:15 AM
    Well unlike you I like windows 7 and 8 on my computer. Don't know about phone or tablet because I haven't used them.

No one forces me to use it. I could use mac (no) or Linux (no) or whatever else is out there but I choose to use windows. Heck Linux is even free.
    howarmat and pantlesspenguin like this.
    09-26-12 09:18 AM
    It's micosoft which I am forced to use on my PC. People hate windows7 and vista and everything windows. I doubt many people will buy WP8 JUST LIKE they didn't buy WP7. Why would anyone choose a microsoft phone after being used and abused and forced using Windows for all these years? I don't know a single person that even has wp7 or has even talked about WP7 or WP8.
    So why did Windows 7 break records and get critcal accliam as being one of the best OS ever made.

And your not forced to use it on your computer, you could install linux or get a mac. But let me guess you hate Mac OS X as well despite like Windows 7 having being a critical and commerical success.

Moonbase0ne likes this.
    09-26-12 09:20 AM
    Yes... how is one "forced" to use an OS on one's own computer? LOL.
    09-26-12 09:29 AM
    Hi. *waves*

WP7 is a fantastic mobile OS. I also wasn't aware that I apparently hate windows 7. Good to know. You are right though, I won't buy windows 8.

I'm getting it free for passing the windows 8 accreditation.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by reeneebob; 09-26-12 at 11:03 AM.
    09-26-12 09:43 AM
    Even though WP 8 and Windows 8 are different, they are both new builds. Hopefully MS has learned from their Vista experience, and will release it when it's ready.
    09-26-12 09:49 AM
    People hate windows7 and vista and everything windows.
    Citation needed.
    reeneebob and howarmat like this.
    09-26-12 09:56 AM
    Ridiculous.

and hpjrt liked it!

This is poor form indeed, posting stuff that you don't even read. Utterly ridiculous.
    Hey! It was late ... and I'm old! I only read the first few lines ... okay ... I know ... *BUSTED*
    09-26-12 10:14 AM
    Hey! It was late ... and I'm old! I only read the first few lines ... okay ... I know ... *BUSTED*
    Hey at least you have the maturity to admit to your mistakes! An admirable quality around here!
    hpjrt, mark37724 and Tre Lawrence like this.
    09-26-12 10:17 AM
    Hey at least you have the maturity to admit to your mistakes! An admirable quality around here!
    Agreed... which is why I do not mind an enthusiastic discussion with her now and then.
    09-26-12 10:19 AM
    I have WP7 and like it. It never - ever - crashes or has to be rebooted because of "memory leaks". I have all the apps I need.

I run Windows 7 on one older desktop and Windows 8 on a tablet, ultrabook and laptop. I wonder who, besides Mrfreetruth, hates all of these non RIM products?

Windows 8 will sell like hotcakes - and will be on every machine sold over the holidays. Whether Windows Phone 8 sells or not has yet to be seen.

Perhaps Microsoft will fight with RIM for 3rd place.
    09-26-12 11:32 AM
    Agreed... which is why I do not mind an enthusiastic discussion with her now and then.
    LOL! I wasn't even aware hpjrt was a 'her'

I am a huge fan of the ladies here on CB*. Reneebob, Qbnkelt, pantlesspenguin et al....very intelligent and witty folks

*when i say 'huge fan', i mean it in a non-stalking, creepy way
    pantlesspenguin and hpjrt like this.
    09-26-12 12:50 PM
    LOL! I wasn't even aware hpjrt was a 'her'

I am a huge fan of the ladies here on CB*. Reneebob, Qbnkelt, pantlesspenguin et al....very intelligent and witty folks

*when i say 'huge fan', i mean it in a non-stalking, creepy way
    Nice save lol

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    pantlesspenguin and hpjrt like this.
    09-26-12 03:31 PM
    It's micosoft which I am forced to use on my PC. People hate windows7 and vista and everything windows.
    Run Linux if you hate Windows. It is free. DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.

Citation needed.
    There have been 600 million Windows 7 licenses sold as of June 2012. Microsoft's Windows 7 hits 600 million licenses sold | Microsoft - CNET News
    Last edited by lak611; 09-26-12 at 04:46 PM. Reason: added image
    09-26-12 04:03 PM
    Ridiculous.

and hpjrt liked it!

Lol exactly. To the OP Attachment 117822

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    09-26-12 04:21 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD