Is there any advantage to using quickPull other than scheduling resets once a day? I have QuickPull, just wondering if the two are any different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 09:40 PM
    Nope, quickpull is just easier. I have mine set daily.
    12-28-09 09:42 PM
    Nope, quickpull is just easier. I have mine set daily.
    I vote that alt shift del is easier

12-28-09 09:49 PM
    alt shift del does require it to be done twice in order to get the same effect as quickpull though.
    12-28-09 11:38 PM
    alt shift del does require it to be done twice in order to get the same effect as quickpull though.
    Only if you have fat fingers and miss the correct keys first time.
    12-29-09 07:52 AM
    It does? Works fine for me

12-29-09 11:17 AM
    LoL , I use to use quick pull lite til they put the ads on the free version and removed after using it a few times,,, went back to the "ole alt,right shift,delete option."It works just as good for my needs I gues its just what you perfer ,Im use to the button pushes again so all good here .
    12-29-09 02:12 PM
    yeah i say quickpull
    12-29-09 04:21 PM
    I use the button combo, and as far as I know it's the exact same effect as quickpull. I actually uninstalled QP after I discovered the key-combo
    12-29-09 04:49 PM
    The only time I reboot is after installing an application or a theme, and I don't do a soft reset, I do a true reset and remove the battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and replace. QuickPull only "simulates" a battery pull, in order for a true reboot to occur all power must be removed from the device, something the OS cannot do. Power needs to be removed, so the device and it's resistors "Die" QP is good for freeing up memory between battery pulls, but if your device is not running normal, nothing replaces the battery pull...
    12-29-09 04:58 PM
    Quickpull is a waste of app memory. Never thought it was great. If you need to
    reboot your phone that much then there's a bigger problem. You're just masking it
    by rebooting all the time.
    12-29-09 05:31 PM
    Has anyone noticed a change in the way alt+shift+del works in os 5?
    12-29-09 05:38 PM
    Has anyone noticed a change in the way alt+shift+del works in os 5?
    What do you mean by a change? I'm on OS 5 and I'm curious to hear what this change is.
    12-29-09 10:48 PM
    What do you mean by a change? I'm on OS 5 and I'm curious to hear what this change is.
    It seems to do some half soft reset instead of the usual one. I am running 9700/5.0.0.423 and a proper soft reset using quickpull or the like takes forever. Alt+shift+del freezes the screen, causes the red light to come on, places the working indicator in the middle of the screen and reloads the media card. It also seems to reclaim some memory. I am hoping that someone can guive me a more technical description of this new super soft reset.....

12-29-09 11:06 PM
    I prefer using the alt+shift+del key combo. I leave several apps running (socialscope, beejive, google voice, google sync). Rather than restarting them all of them every morning, I just do a manual reboot whenever I feel I need to and I don't mind restarting all of my apps.
    12-30-09 01:19 AM
    Only if you have fat fingers and miss the correct keys first time.

ahahaha yep i think that is the only way it would need to be done twice. I do this all the time instead of quickpull just because its a lot faster to press 3 keys then it is to find the app and reset and i don't want it to reset at certain times only when i want it to specifically (after installing or uninstalling an app). From what i have noticed it does the exact same thing as quickpull, but i'm not sure it replaces an actual physical battery pull, i could be wrong though might work just as well.
    12-30-09 01:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD