I received this e-mail from Quickbooks today;

Dear QuickBooks Connect Customer,

Unfortunately, Intuit has decided to stop support for the Blackberry Platform. Please know that we did not make this decision lightly. We�re determined to develop the best-in-class mobile solutions for our customers, and are focusing on the best mobile application platforms, which are iOS (iPhone) and Android.

If you have any questions or would like to talk to us about this decision, please feel free to email us at [email protected] with your contact information and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.

Thank you, and our apologies again for any inconvenience this decision may cause you.

Best regards,
    Joseph Lasee
    QuickBooks Connect Product Manager

OUCH
    Quickbooks Connect has cloud storage/ backup and an app that lets you access and sync your Quickbook info from your smartphone, pretty cool.
    I hate to feed the doomsday trolls, but a company like Quickbooks giving up on the BlackBerry platform isn't a good thing.
    03-31-11 09:25 PM
    Rats running from a sinking ship?

Or a brain fart on Quickens part?

Tim
    03-31-11 10:50 PM
    It's not like Intuit can't go back to developing for BB once the mobile OS gets off the ground again. Right now the platform doesn't develop well. Not even 6.1 will. Developing "just" for the PB QNX platform will lead to limited use since those tablets won't replace the smartphone. Sometimes companies have to consolidate their resources and take the path of least resistance. I think this is what Intuit is doing here.
    03-31-11 11:50 PM
    Don't tell me you're falling for this April Fools joke too, JRSCCivic???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-11 11:52 PM

QBConnect doesn't currently support OS6, so if this is a joke, it's a well crafted one. Going forward and seeing the iOS CC billing products that Intuit has to offer, it's not too hard to believe.
    04-01-11 12:04 AM
    Nor does it support Android at this time

But you actually make a good point. They are definitely focusing more efforts on iOS than BBOS. They're probably skipping OS6 and waiting to see how well BB does in the QNX era.

04-01-11 12:15 AM
    Nor does it support Android at this time

But you actually make a good point. They are definitely focusing more efforts on iOS than BBOS. They're probably skipping OS6 and waiting to see how well BB does in the QNX era.

Which is what I said. They're waiting until BBOS takes off the ground again once it moves into the QNX platform on the smartphones. Seems not even RIM knows what direction the real QNX cross-platform OS will be as of yet. Right now what the PB has could just be unique to that platform and not go further than that once they move to OS7 and overall design of that. We don't know yet and we all know how much RIM doesn't like loosing the old school ways of doing stuff on BB. Even the PB's UI isn't much of a jump from OS6 in terms of program list navigation. I think it's smart for Intuit to save on development costs on a platform that no one knows where it'll go in the next couple of years. It makes no sense for them to take the extra time to develop for an OS that's going bye bye in months rather than years. Not to mention how much more time developing an app on BB actually takes compared to the other platforms. That a lot of man hours that could be saved.
    04-01-11 12:39 AM
    No, if it was an April fools prank from me, it would have been some smack about AT&T
    Yeah, Civic, even though it's not stated in the e-mail, it was my first thought that they are waiting to see what brews up with QNX.
    As far as Android, there is a beta version of Connect available.
    04-01-11 07:09 AM
    Does anyone know of an alternative solution for Quickbooks Connect? I have some very loyal Blackberry Small Business Owners as customers who have become very dependent on this software, and I have yet to find a solution for this for those customers who are looking to upgrade their device.
    04-26-11 04:40 PM
    Unfortunately, If this app is a must have, they will have to get an Android phone or an iPhone
    04-26-11 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD