Okay so I'm new to Blackberries, and I was wondering when you do a battery pull is the device suppose to be on or off?...may seem like a stupid question but thanks in advance.
    09-14-09 01:36 AM
    you can just yank it out while the device is on. or you can just use alt + right shift + delete. that will also reboot the phone without having to pull the battery.
    09-14-09 01:40 AM
    Okay so I'm new to Blackberries, and I was wondering when you do a battery pull is the device suppose to be on or off?...may seem like a stupid question but thanks in advance.
    The device can be on, If i'm not mistaking the point is to restart everything everything and it might not happen if the Blackberry was off to begin with, something correct me if I'm wrong.
    09-14-09 01:41 AM
    Your BB has to be on for the battery pull to do its magic, there is really no point to ever hold down that RED button. Why, you can just put your BB into standby mode when not in use. Also you can turn your connections of with your option: Manage Connections!

Thnx, Tripster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 01:49 AM
    you can just yank it out while the device is on. or you can just use alt + right shift + delete. that will also reboot the phone without having to pull the battery.
    Does this work on all models and is it really as effective as a battery pull? I don't like having to pull my battery as it affects my case and stuff, so if I could find a way (other than an app) to do it, I'd like to.
    09-14-09 02:05 AM
    Does this work on all models and is it really as effective as a battery pull? I don't like having to pull my battery as it affects my case and stuff, so if I could find a way (other than an app) to do it, I'd like to.
    as far as i know, it works on all qwerty models. ive personally used it on all 8300's, Bolds and 8900's. and yes its effective. just as if you pulled the battery but without having to physically do it. i never pull the battery, just do this.
    09-14-09 02:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD