I am switching from a BOLD to a Curve 8900. Would i just back up my bold and when i get my Curve restore my back up from my Bold and will all my apps, contacts and everything switch over to my new Curve?
    Last edited by gs warrior 88; 12-05-09 at 10:19 PM.
    12-05-09 09:46 PM
    Yes to everything except your apps. There is a work around for apps on DM but you'll have to look for the thread. You can also use crackutil or so I've read. P haven't do r it myself but the info is in the threads if someone else doesn't come along with some links to help you out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 10:32 PM
    Making a backup on the Bold and restoring it on the 8900 will port your personal information (contacts, email, calendar, etc) but will not copy the apps. There is a procedure in the How To and FAQ Forum that will help you backup your apps. Another option is to reinstall the apps.
    12-05-09 10:33 PM
    OK, thanks guys. I guess my personal info is more important anyways. I can always reinstall those apps.
    So basically do a back up and restore with my new BB??
    12-05-09 10:35 PM
    Yes. And by the way there is a thread as we speak in the s2 forum about backing up 3rd party apps. Bbsak seems to be favored by most. They say one click app backup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 10:47 PM
    ...So basically do a back up and restore with my new BB??
    That's correct. Another option, if you use Outlook, is simply to sync your Bold to Outlook, disconnect it, and sync your 8900. Desktop Manager will copy everything from Outlook your new Curve.
    12-05-09 10:48 PM
    just use the switch device wizard in the DM.. it should do everything for you.
    12-05-09 10:58 PM
    just use the switch device wizard in the DM.. it should do everything for you.
    ok, eaven easier.
    12-05-09 11:00 PM
    yeah, im surprised nobody said anything about that before me..
    12-05-09 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD