Hi all,

Tried to do a search for this first, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I'm wondering if there's a app or something I could do to type a quick note from the homescreen. Every now and then (ok pretty often) I want to whip out my bb and jot down a quick note, reminder, directions, whatever. I know from the homescreen I can jot down a number and save but I'm wondering if I could do this with other types of information.

I know I can scroll down to Memo's, hit New, and do it that way, but sometimes I need access to a clean slate without all of the scrolling and was just wondering if there's a way to do this. And with that, is there an app that I could find that would let me do a save as? That way if the info I typed in could then be saved as a memo/task/calendar entry, etc, there would would be a save as option for that without having to open each separate app?

Thanks for the help in advance!
    04-18-09 10:46 AM
    Isn't Q a hotkey for compose ? (I have a storm so hotkeys are useless on a touch screen with hidden keyboard)

Try hitting Q on your homescreen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 01:30 PM
    you can also configure your memo pad to be a side convinience key. go to options>screen/keyboard. that wont exactly let you type from the homescreen, but it will make it a little faster..
    04-18-09 01:47 PM
    Wow thanks for the replies!!

I tried hitting Q but then that brought up my Q contacts.

I wish bb had more convenience keys. Right now I have vlingo on one side and camera on the other. vlingo's been annoying me lately though not recognizing my voice, so maybe its time to delete. Then I could do the Memo on the left convenience key. In the meantime though....

Keep those ideas coming! LOL
    04-18-09 02:01 PM
    i love quick launch. it is like have another key. u can set up a new memo on that and use it as the top so 2 key stocks and volia! a new memo.
    04-18-09 02:51 PM
    Go to phone options and change dial from homescreen to no. Then if you press N, it will take you to notes. Google bb homescreen shortcuts and you will find a thread on CB that lists the homescreen shortcuts.
    04-18-09 05:08 PM
    Thanks so much for the replies again.

Figured out my solution. The very program I was getting ready to delete, Vlingo! Even though it still screws up long text, I didn't realize all of the things it does. Which includes saying "open" and it'll open almost any program you want.

So I can open memo, open sms, etc.... and then type (cause when I speak long messages into vlingo it doesn't type out the same thing I say! LOL didnt realize I had an accent but I must cause it just won't get it right!)

HA! I love it, and I'm sure there's a thousand other things it does and I didn't know. This program helped free memory too, cause now that I realize what it does, I deleted Live Search, Google Mobile app, etc.
    04-19-09 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD