My job has supplied with with a Blackberry for the past several years. Currently I have the 8800 and I would really like to get the Storm this Friday.

Here's the deal - my company has 10,000+ people on it and we have a BES server. I get my email on my BB before I get it on my desktop - the following questions are probably ridiculously easy to answer for any user but my company has such unbelievably tight IT security restrictions on our Blackberry, I really have no idea what the capabilities are for it.

I cannot surf the web
    I have only 1 email account
    I cannot use voice dial or install 3rd party applications - it's pretty much a phone and a email device.

What I do like is that when I put in a note or memo it wirelessly synchs with my desktop. I delete mail on the BB and it stays on my desktop.

So if I buy a Storm and I can do whatever I want to do with it I have a few questions. You don't have to give me the technical reasons for why it works or not, a yes or no would suffice but any additional info is good.

1. Can add multiple email accounts? Google, Comcast, Yahoo, any POP3?
    2. Will it push the email at me like our BES server or do I have to go and log in
    3. If I get a gmail email does it check it every 15 mins or pretty instant?
    4. Can I watch Youtube on it?
    5. Will it synch with my personal outlook account? Notes? Memos?
    6. If I am using an IM program such as messenger will it notify me when
    someone hits me up or do I have to go into the program and check?

I'm sure I'll think of more when I am working on my severely restricted work Blackberry.

Thanks for any help you can provide me. I am on the fence with getting the Storm but from what I read it sounds like a great first personal smartphone.
    11-19-08 12:48 AM
    Welcome to CB

1- Yes
    2- Yes it will push
    3- Instant (some say it can take up to 15, but that's never happened)
    4- Technically yes, by going to the mobile website
    5- Yes indeed. Great Outlook support. It has yahoo support as well.
    6- Notify... BBs have background processes.
    11-19-08 12:53 AM
    1. yes
    2. it will push it
    3. it will push it instantly
    4.yes
    5. yes
    6. it will notify you instantly

welcome to cb.com !
    11-19-08 12:54 AM
    Well I'm sold - thanks for the fast response and I hope this doesn't sound too lame or cheesey but I'm sold on this site too - I had my questions answer in about 5 minutes - thank you.

Will my Outlook memos and contact synch?
    11-19-08 01:03 AM
    Yes...

Contacts, memos, tasks.
    11-19-08 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD