Hello everyone I'm. A little confused and was hoping someone would he able to clear this up for me
    I will be traveling out the country for a wedding and I have added the global data support so that I can
    Continue to receive my emails however I was told that if I check my voice mail I would get charged roaming however
    I have visual voice mail so thay doesn't make sense to me how they can charge me roaming simply for listening to a wave file
    Anyone have any insight for this matter?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by RealEstatePro; 12-18-08 at 06:17 PM.
    12-18-08 06:14 PM
    Not sure. I have Visual Voice mail too. I've noticed Verizon has a very antiquated way of doing business in the wireless world in terms of charging fees. It feels like I'm dealing with a bank that is nickeling and diming me to death for some pretty stupid and useless features. Others are okay, but still the fees are lame as ever.
    12-18-08 06:27 PM
    I don't mind paying after all you get what you pay for and VZW does have by far the best service my concern is that it simply makes no sense how listening to my visual voice mail would incur roaming charges I mean its not like I'm dialing into my voice mail I'm simply listening to a wav file that is forwarded to the visual voice mail app

12-18-08 06:33 PM
    Carlos, i am curious as well. I am going to Ireland next year and would like to know that also...
    12-18-08 06:44 PM
    No one knows?

12-18-08 08:02 PM
    Ok so after speaking with several cs reps I have finally understood how this works apparently Visual Voice mail wil not work while overseas at all apparently the CS rep I initially spoke to was confused when she said I would incur roaming fees because the app will not work at all I would have to dial out myself in order to recover voice mail while overseas.

12-19-08 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD