Has anyone here tried tethering via Bluetooth with a Tour? I have a Tour and tether from time to time when on the road. Tethered via USB I get average speeds of around 1Meg. Tethered via Bluetooth I can't even load a page. The one ping that I had go through was over 1400ms. It does connect and register on the network then nothing. Is anyone here is tethering via Bluetooth successfully? I am thinking I maybe I should take it in and having it exchanged. I also have a Curve here and it tethers via Bluetooth almost as well as it does via USB so I know the issue is not with my PC. Thanks for any input.

-Bake
    09-07-09 11:24 AM
    I tether over bluetooth just fine, and have excellent speed. I use VZManager to tether with my phone, I know some people just create dial-up connections but I stick to provider software to make it simple if theres ever an issue. Are you with Alltel or been converged over to VZW yet?
    09-07-09 12:04 PM
    I also tether over BT with a MAC..... Speeds are definitely not a problem... Just use the vzam software and during the setup wizard choose bluetooth....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 12:12 PM
    I am with Alltel in a divested area. I use a simple dial up connection. I have never had trouble with any other phone. I don't think Alltel offers any special drivers for the tour. If you guys have no trouble tethering via Bluetooth perhaps I should exchange the phone while I am still in my grace period. Thanks.
    09-07-09 05:25 PM
    Is it free to tether thru bluetooth?
    09-07-09 07:23 PM
    No, you would to add a tethering package.
    09-07-09 07:54 PM
    Is it free to tether thru bluetooth?
    No, you still need to pay for tethering, the option to use Bluetooth is just a convenience instead of using the USB cable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 07:54 PM
    Why don't you try calling Alltel customer service / tech support?
    09-07-09 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD