Hi everyone. I am selling my phone and wiping it clean. I currently have everything backed up on the bb desktop software. My question is, if the new owner downloads the bb ds, will all of my stuff appear with the handset being the same bb pin etc, or does it very from pc to pc?

Thanks
    05-18-11 01:42 PM
    No problem, the backup file is saved to your computer.

However, there is a remote backup for BlackBerry Messenger contacts.

BBM / Options. Backup Management allows you to save a backup to local or remote.
    Use Delete Backup files to purge them from the media card or remote host.
    05-18-11 01:47 PM
    So they won't be able to see anything I've saved?I sound too cautious but there is photos of my baby daughter and videos of her backed up. I am worried that if the new owner downloads the bb software it will automatically feed it all back on. Sorry if that is just me repeating myself but I need this sorted for morning!

Thanks for your help!!
    05-18-11 01:56 PM
    The new owner will not have access to you microSD card(assuming you saved all photos/videos on there) if you take it out before selling. Also your backup is saved on your own computer and the new owner will not have access to your files. Just make sure you wipe your phone and unregister the old PIN with your carrier.
    05-18-11 01:59 PM
    Is there any way I can change my pin for bbm? or stop my current contacts sending bbm's to it? thanks again
    05-18-11 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD