I looked at the other annual upgrade threads and it didn't answer my question. I signed a new contact with Verizon last May(2009). I am the primary line on a family plan that shares one other line. Being that it is a year later, am I qualified for a yearly upgrade? When I sign into verizonwireless website, it says I am eligible for January 2011. That would make it almost 2 years for an upgrade. Just wondering as I am preparing for the release of the 9650 on Verizon. Thanks.
    05-16-10 11:56 AM
    They give you a 2 month early window (stacks each year) to upgrade. If you have a 1 year, you can upgrade in 10 months. If you have a 2 year, you can upgrade in 20 months.
    05-16-10 12:13 PM
    Did you sign a one year or a two year contract?
    What level plan are you on?

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=lD-aK5Hj

How is my upgrade price calculated?
    By extending your contract, you may qualify for a discounted price, depending on when you last purchased a new phone at a discounted price, and your contract term.
    - Customers on a one-year contract may upgrade at a discounted price after 10 months.
    - Customers on a two-year contract may upgrade at a discounted price after just 20 months.
    Plus, if you're currently enrolled in our New Every Two program*, you will be eligible for an additional discount with a two-year contract extension.

Annual Upgrade available for My Verizon customers
    You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply).

New Every Two Program
    If you enrolled in the program prior to February 15, 2009 and continued to meet the requirements of the program, you will qualify for a free phone up to a $50 or $100 value, depending on the monthly access of your plan.

If you enrolled in the program on or after February 15, 2009, you will qualify for a free phone up to a $30 or $50 value, depending on the monthly access of your plan.

Not currently enrolled in New Every Two?
    You can still upgrade to a new phone. For future upgrades, you can enroll by agreeing to a new two-year term on a calling plan with a monthly access of $34.99 or higher. You will be eligible to take advantage of the phone offer at the end of the two-year term.
    05-16-10 12:21 PM
    It's a 2 year. Ive been with Verizon all my life basically. I'm guessing I have the upgrade active now for the annual one... been a year.

EDIT::::::
    Straight from the site "Eligible for an upgrade on 01/25/2011"

I signed in May 2009. So that seems like 20 months. So then I'm not eligible?

Also my plan/bill is over $100 a month. Have a 8330 and some random flip phone.
    Last edited by confinedalways; 05-16-10 at 12:57 PM.
    05-16-10 12:50 PM
    But what is you BASE access rate?

Not including other lines. Not including data. Not including other add-ons such as text messaging.
    05-16-10 01:31 PM
    Over $49.99
    05-16-10 01:48 PM
    Then you should contact Verizon Customer Support and ask when you will be eligible for an annual upgrade price.
    05-16-10 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD