Hey everyone, I'm looking for some info. on upgrading my phone on Verizon. I have been using a pretty basic LG flip phone for the lat 4 years now and have never upgraded, but I am getting ready to make the move to my first BB by switching my phone over to a work account. Before I do however, I would like to get an upgrade to a BB that I will then transfer over to my work account. But I am not sure how that would work. When you upgrade, do they require you to sign a new 2 year agreement or are you able to get a phone upgrade just because you've already been under account for two years?

I am trying to decide whether or not to make the move now, which means I would probably have to get either a curve or storm, or wait until July when the Tour comes out. Both seem like pretty good units. I prefer the physical keyboard of the curve, but love the updated features and look of the storm. I have never had a BB before, so I think the adjustment to typing with one to send emails/texts will be significant either way. The Tour therefore seems like the best of both worlds but I'm not sure if I will be able to wait until July or maybe even later.

Thanks in advance for the advice/help.
    05-17-09 02:26 PM
    Wait for the Tour, that's what i'm doing also...
    05-17-09 02:30 PM
    You have a couple of options, the most cost effective would be for you to sign another 2 yr agreement because you get the biggest discount.

If you did not want to sign any agreement you could pay the full retail price of the phone. Depending on the blackberry you choose obviously the price will differ. The retail price of the storm for example is 499.99, but could be as low as 99.99 depending on your upgrade and any potential credits due to you.

Hope this helps
    05-17-09 02:30 PM
    That's what I do, I have the new every two plan...
    05-17-09 02:33 PM
    That's what I do, I have the new every two plan...
    Then the best option for you would be definately go with the NE2 discount being that your company is going to take over you account anyway. You also are given 30 days to test the phone out and if you do not like it you can take it back to any verizon wireless corp store with no problems. But if you want a decent bet go with the curve, it won't turn you in a wrong direction.
    05-17-09 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD